My kitten breathing heavy with sounds im very worried

Labs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My father found a two kittn from upstairs , and gave it to us to tke care of it . So we took care of it and that night the momma cat get the fat and left the skinny one , so we decided to put the skinny one upstairs so the momma cat get him. But since he cant meow i played a meow sound on youtube but she doesnt come back , so we decided to take him in becausw it cold , and i took care od him until last night when i feed him milk , he started making sound like choking when breathing , with high pitch sound , and sometimes he open its mouth , i dont know what to do so i rub his back back and forth , but mostly upward to make him get the milk out , i was wprried and started crying , but i manage to stay calm and search and ask some friends , but i cant see anything , and i let him sleep but his abdomen is getting big when inhaling that it wakes him up and chenge his position and place to sleep , his paws are cold , i just watch him while he was sleeping until morning 6 am i decided to feed him again because he is awake , ang started doing it again so i stoped, i am asking what to do , i dont know if should i feed him , i contacted a onluine vets but they are not responding until now , i can fo out because of strict community quarantine even its emergency, i didnt get any sleep and i am hurting if im seing him breathing like this ,

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You didn't say what kind of milk you gave your kitten, but if it's cow's milk, stop. Cats are lactose intolerant, which means they cannot digest cow's milk. Cow's milk can make a cat sick. You can get milk substitutes for your kitten from the pet store.

The best thing to do is get your kitten to the vet to be checked out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Labs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Its a nestogen infant milk , the can i just feed him water while wait for my packge is he able to survive ? Beacause it might take 3 days , any substitute that i can buy near store , we dont have any pet store nearby and we are not ble to get out the subdivision.

Labs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just bought nestogen because i was worried because he is very skinny and i can see his ribs , my god what have i done , what i can feed her i dknt know what to do now

Labs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
they dont let me get out because they said its not enough excuse it very strict here

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Don't panic. You're done the best you can under the circumstances. I didn't know you were in an area under strict quarantine measures.

I'm not sure how young your kitten is. It's possible its paws are cold because its body doesn't know how to self regulate. Read this article- Raising Orphaned Kittens • Kitten Rescue

Fading Kitten Syndrome: 11 Things You Need To Know – TheCatSite Articles

Here are some recipes for one made kitten formula. Maybe you have the ingredients for one-
Recipes For Homemade Kitten Formula • Kitten Rescue

Last edited:

Labs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes his paws are cold , i keep on covering him when he is sleeping but he is alwys getting out , but there is heating pad under him , but it automaticaly turns off , thank you very much for replying. Hopes he'll makw it

Labs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i have evap and egg is that alright

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know the least you can give him is unflavored pedialite; if you don’t have kitten milk replacement.

For fostering kittens I always tell people to go to YouTube & look up “Thd kitten lady” for hos to videos on caring for kittens.

I agree with everyone else; get that kitten to the vet as soon as the veg opens! It is likely the mom a do ddd the weak one because she thought the skinny one might be sick. She was trying to protect the other kitten.

Since you can’t count on the heating pad you fill a sock with five, tie the end & nuke it. Be aware the ficd heating pad needs to replaced every hour or two, the kitten needs to be able to move closer/father to it & you should cover it with a towel. Hannah Shaw the kitten lady tells you all about using rice packs in her videos. ⭐Do not feed a cold kitten. If they are cold & you feed them, it can seriously hadn or kill them. Also little kittens need help going to the. Bathroom until they get big enough to start going on their own.

When the 3 feral kittens were found, I put them on my chest and draped a blanket over them. They spent half their time on my chest that first wedk. Later I stuck them in a bunny cage with a blanket draped over it & the heater cranked up to 75F. They were a month old when we found them, I was just being super cautious with them.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitten may need antibiotic such as amoxicillin - the vet can advise you. Also, try to find a farmer or cat rescuer or even a mommy with young children- they may have supplies that they can share with you. Here are some good videos from Maddies Fund:
Orphaned Kitten Care How to

I am praying for protection for you, your family, the baby kitten and your community :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

Labs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have recieve the formula, but he is not drinking it and still have difficulty in breathing, he has cold paw so im covering him blanket but he always getting out , he just want to sleep top of clothes, he dont have the sppetite and he is weak.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, rub some karo syrup or honey on his gums, just a tab will do. That will keep his blood sugar/ glucose levels up and buy you some time.

Labs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is peeing , he poops alone , every morning i see him poop , but its been 1624 hours he doesnt poop yet

Labs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I dont have of those two

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do not feed a cold kitten but you can give small amounts of warm.unflavored pedialyte. The formula and/or the pedialyte should be warmed 98°-100° F (36.5-38' C). Give only a few drops at a time if the kitten is swallowing weakly. Only put it on the tip of the tongue or the inside of the lip and hold the kitten level, never backwards like a human baby.