Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Death

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

chico123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i just got a stray kitten 4 weeks old, 1lb. I already took him to the vet and it was all bad news. From putting him down to having surgery but possibly not making it through surgery. I have read many posts that a kitten that young can pass the nipple eventually. He is acting fine though. He is full of life, curious and very playful even after sawllowing the nipple feom the bottle. Do you guys think he can make it on his own? Like have a bowel movement and pass? I just introduced him to wet food today mixed with milk...so ill see how that goes with him. It's been less than 24 hours. It happened yesterday at 6pm and now it is 12pm next day. I did do an xray and got that result.

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I wish I could help from an experience perspective, but I do know I have read tons of posts about this very same issue. While you wait for some members to come along and respond, perhaps you might want to look through some of these previous posts - if you haven't already?
Search Results for Query: swallowed a nipple

I am sorry your vet wasn't more helpful. Hoping you hear from others real soon! :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
4 week old kitty swallowed a latex bottle nipple
HELP, Now Roxy ate the nipple off the bottle!
5 Week Old Kitten Swallowed Bottle Nipple
8 week old kitten swallowed half a rubber nipple

I did not read all of these but there might be some useful information in them. Putting him down and immediately doing surgery are both a little off at this point. The most dangerous rubber/plastic for animals is the super ball type because it does turn to gunk as the digestive enzymes dissolve it in the stomach. Usually this is dogs rather than cats.