My Key Key Is Biting Me

RhondaKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well first let me say this isn't the first time but he's been very mean lately but I had him fixed when he was about 7 months thinking that would help . But not really he will still bite me an he sometimes bites hard an mean other times it's just a nip to tell me he wants something that's not really a problem but the drawing blood is a problem

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RhondaKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I guess in his defense he's been thru alot . When my son was killed a month in a half ago we had to move but he has a much nicer home an he seems happier here most the time altho maybe he senses something's wrong with me

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Oh no - this is all so sad :( I know how empty words can be but please know that my condolences and sympathy are very, very real. I think the move and the shock and stress of losing a family member have something to do with your cat's issues. Those are serious punctures :cold:
When he bites, are his pupils normal or dilated? What is his stance when he attacks (dominance or defensive). Has he been playing or is his aggression "out of the blue"? Biting randomly can be a symptom of feline hyperesthesia or other ailments so probably a vet check is in order. It takes a lot of detective work to interpret the feline mind - I hope that you get answers soon!

RhondaKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:alright: Oh no - this is all so sad :( I know how empty words can be but please know that my condolences and sympathy are very, very real. I think the move and the shock and stress of losing a family member have something to do with your cat's issues. Those are serious punctures :cold:
When he bites, are his pupils normal or dilated? What is his stance when he attacks (dominance or defensive). Has he been playing or is his aggression "out of the blue"? Biting randomly can be a symptom of feline hyperesthesia or other ailments so probably a vet check is in order. It takes a lot of detective work to interpret the feline mind - I hope that you get answers soon!

RhondaKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sure it's aggressive but
Maybe not it is usrally when I go to pet him or he will wants something maybe jealous of the boyfriend too idk I guess maybe I could have him checked at vet he's a year old now he had all his shots when he was fixed he's a different cat than I ever had for sure

RhondaKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He doesn't bite anyone else this way only me :(

RhondaKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh an no worries I won't get rid of him ..he would have to kill me first lol He was my 17 year old son's kitten an they took him to prison for 14 years the same day my oldest son was killed so he has shall we say sentimental value to me mean little brat that he is lol

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
RhondaKitty RhondaKitty : I'm so sorry about the recent family tragedies you're going through. :alright: That is an awful lot for a mother to have go through. I hope you're getting the support you need. :hugs:

With everything going on, I am sure your stress level is through the roof, and it's possible your Key Key is picking up on it.

Here's some articles on cats and stress:
Is Your Cat Stressed Out?
You, Your Cat And Stress
Six Surefire Strategies To Reduce Stress In Cats
Potential Stressors In Cats - The Ultimate Checklist

You might want to look into Feliway or calming treats for Key Key.

I just looked back at your first thread, where you introduced your kitten. Is that Key Key? If so, how old was he when you rescued him? It's possible some of his behaviour stems from his early weeks.

Here's the TCS article on Cat Aggression Toward People which may be helpful.

Also, please keep an eye on any bites that break the skin, as cat bites can become seriously infected. Here's a couple articles with more info:

Cat Bites - What Every Cat Owner Needs To Know
Ouch! More Than You Ever Wanted To Know About Cat Bites