My Health Matters, Do My Cat's Know?

Raine2014

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just recently I was diagnosed with a severe bladder and kidney infection and 3 of my five cats have constantly been very clingy to me meaning they constantly want to sleep on my bladder and next to me... the interesting part is they are females so I just want to know if they can detect my issue?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t think so. It’s more that cats can sense the tiniest change in our routine, as we all have when we are ill, and it makes them a little or a lot anxious. So clingy cats get clingier. And, if they are used to sleeping with you, they are going to take advantage of more horizontal time.

My sympathies by the way with the bladder/kidney infection. I had that earlier this year and it is miserable. Hopefully the antibiotics have knocked it out and you are feeling better.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Animals do know when something is off, it's been documented. There are cases where a pet will constantly paw or nose or lick at a specific area on someone's body and it turns out to be something real.

And then there's this Cat. (it's a link)

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
plus, if your illness affects you emotionally, they can feel it as well, they know you're worried/anxious etc and it can also make them clingier