My Hamster Is Dying And I'm Heartbroken.

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This morning I went to check on my dwarf hamster, Gracie, and found her huddled in a corner of her cage dying. I am heartbroken. I knew it was coming because she is 3 years old which is the longest that a hamster can live. It still hurts though even when I knew it was coming. I will miss her terribly. She was such a sweetheart and was the sweetest out her siblings. Here she is the other day.
IMG_20180314_134832.jpg

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Hamsters are so cute, and 3 years is a long time to have such a little companion. The smallest of companions in our homes can have the biggest impact, and no matter the size a companion loved and valued is going to be missed terribly. My thoughts are with you..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for the kind words! Sadly she passed away shortly after I found out she was dying. I appreciate your responses!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My heartfelt sympathies go out to you on the loss of your hamster. It's never easy losing a beloved pet. :hugs: RIP sweet Gracie. :angel:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My heartfelt sympathies go out to you on the loss of your hamster. It's never easy losing a beloved pet. :hugs: RIP sweet Gracie. :angel:
Thank you so much for the kind words!