My Girl Is All Confused

SwissMiss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I moved to a new apartment with my cat Jasmine this week. In the old apartment her litter box was in a closet that was in the middle of the kitchen with a linoleum floor. Sounds weird but it was a small apartment and the closet was long and narrow and the litter box fit in there perfectly. Other people with cats there used the closet as the place for their cats litter box. The new apartment is a little smaller but the bathroom is bigger so I put her litter box in there.

She's always stuck her rump up in the air when urinating so for a long time I've had a covered litter box because even the 66 quart storage bin wasn't high enough to catch all her urine. The 1st few days she was really scared because it's a new place and it's on a noisy street plus it's a secure building so there's a little noise in the enclosed hallway from other tenants.

Oddly enough she peed in the litter box the first few days even with a litter liner which was new to her. Now she's more comfortable and seems to be letting it all hang out! I have a puppy pad in front of her box because I expected a few drops since she had elevator butt when she pees and well if she's facing the wrong way . . . but today she peed near the box but not even in the box - a big puddle twice.

I got rid of the liner thinking that was the problem but again there was another puddle on the floor. I wiped up the urine with some tissue and put that in the box hoping she'll get the idea from the smell. Then I sprayed the floor with Nature's Miracle Enzyme Stain & Odor Remover and let it sit for over 15 minutes and then wiped it up. I can't let it air dry because there's no other place to put her litter box and the bottle says not to let cats walk on it when it's wet. Am I missing anything??

Last edited by a moderator:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Just a thought.. how long have you been using the puppy pads and do they have any 'attractants' in them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SwissMiss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been using the puppy pads a long time - years and they're the same brand but I did notice it says "puppy attractant"

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
That won't be the issue then.
Sometimes stress can bring on UTIs. It's always something to consider with inappropriate peeing.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How are things today? Would a white noise machine, or some Cat Music help her stress?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SwissMiss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Jasmine is doing better today - fingers crossed that this remains so. No urine outside the litter box and on the floor. Thanks for asking!

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh that is good.. Hopefully it was just a glitch. :crossfingers: