My Giant Tabby

cathands206

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_1343.JPG IMG_1342.JPG Hey guys! Im new to this site but so happy I found it. I need help somewhat identifying my huge cat. I adopted this guy when he was a baby about 7 weeks old and he is a monster. He is going on 3 years old, weighs 18lbs, stands about 12-14 inches off the ground, and is roughly 31 inches from his head to the tip of his tail. Vet says hes completely healthy, not overweight at all because his frame is so big so im wondering if maybe he could be a mix? Hes got beautiful tabby markings and swirl patterns on his back, somewhat short hair. His name is Boxer ☺

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cathands206

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_1346.JPG IMG_1348.PNG Heres 2 more pictures of his markings. I dont have very good ones but these are pretty good

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, its rather clear these markings have ancestry with a marbled bengal. The only question, bengals arent renown to have giant sizes, so he probably has also a "big Ben" ancestor too - a Maine Coon perhaps. A longhair mated with shorthair will give shorthair, so nothing especial your tabby is shorthair.

cathands206

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, its rather clear these markings have ancestry with a marbled bengal. The only question, bengals arent renown to have giant sizes, so he probably has also a "big Ben" ancestor too - a Maine Coon perhaps. A longhair mated with shorthair will give shorthair, so nothing especial your tabby is shorthair.
Thats so interesting thank you! Ive always wondered why he is so dang big compared to other cats.

cathands206

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Gorgeous marbled pattern. I've seen it in domestic shorthair tabbies with no bengal in them too.
Thats so cool. And size wise, do some of them just happen to be alot bigger than others?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I think his pattern could also be called classic or bullseye tabby. :)

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a male tabby who weighed 25 pounds of solid muscle until he was about 4-5 years old. After that, he became less active and most of that muscle turned into fat weight. He still lived a nice, long life and was one of my favorite, most friendly and social cats.

Boxer is absolutely beautiful! Keep him at a healthy weight and you've got yourself a wonderful companion for many many good years. :)