My friend Michaela passed away

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[Note: This is a re-post from 13 November 2004.]

Michaela Kristin Haran
1997 - 2004

My beloved companion and dear friend Michaela passed away today, 13 November 2004, at 10:30 a.m. Pacific Standard Time. She had been her usual self, playing peek-a-boo around corners and chasing invisible prey, until the last.

I heard behind me, whilst sitting at the computing-system work station, the familiar sounds of Michaela and Tonya playing tag; then, suddenly, I heard a deep groan; and upon looking down, I beheld Michaela lying on the floor on her right side near the foot of the bed. She seemed to be experiencing difficulty breathing, her abodomen appearing to convulse several times.

Emitting several small mews, then silently opening her mouth slightly a few times, Michaela became still and breathed no more. Attempts at cardio-pulmonary resuscitation and heart massage proved futile; and thus my dear little one's soul passed from amongst us into Heaven.

We had known for several years that Michaela had a defective heart; and even as she loved to play chase and bat-the-ball (her favorite "ball" being a wadded-up piece of letter paper) she would tire quickly. Thus, I had sadly entertained the though for some years that perhaps she would not be with us as long as we might wish.

Please, in a spare moment, say a prayer for the repose of Michaela's soul. She was a wonderful person — affectionate, caring and wise — and I shall miss her with all my heart and soul. Yet, as surely as Michaela has passed away from here, she is not gone: Her beautiful life shall remain always with us, in memories of our happy and loving times together and in the reality that her persona is forever a part of the universe.

On the Beach at Night, Alone

By Walt Whitman, from Leaves of Grass

ON the beach at night alone,
As the old mother sways her to and fro, singing her husky song,
As I watch the bright stars shining—I think a thought of the clef of the universes, and of the future.

A VAST SIMILITUDE interlocks all,
All spheres, grown, ungrown, small, large, suns, moons, planets, comets, asteroids,
All the substances of the same, and all that is spiritual upon the same,
All distances of place, however wide,
All distances of time—all inanimate forms,
All Souls—all living bodies, though they be ever so different, or in different worlds,
All gaseous, watery, vegetable, mineral processes—the fishes, the brutes,
All men and women—me also;
All nations, colors, barbarisms, civilizations, languages;
All identities that have existed, or may exist, on this globe, or any globe;
All lives and deaths—all of the past, present, future;
This vast similitude spans them, and always has spannâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]d, and shall forever span them, and compactly hold them, and enclose them.

Rest in peace, dear little one!

=^..^=

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Once again, I am in tears for you for the loss of your precious Michaela. Your heart must still be so heavy with the emptiness left by her sudden passing. I'm so very sorry you lost your dearest friend, and pray you will feel peace in your heart as you face this difficult, painful time of grief.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Joe,

I am glad you restored her tribute to this board. So many of us remember the stories that you told about her long ago- I am so sorry again for your loss

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you very much, dawnofsierra, hissy and pjk5900, for your kind condolences. Be assured your loving thoughts are noticed by Michaela herself, who now looks after all of us — and from a much loftier plane.

=^..^=

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a lovely tribute, to a lovely cat.

Rest in peace, sweet girl.

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you very much, CoolCat, rapunzel47, threeleggedkat and tuxedokitties, for your condolences and sympathy. Reading your kind messages has been a great help to me.

=^..^=

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet little one. How tragic! Sounds like you did a wonderful job giving your kitty a great life, though. God bless you. My thoughts are with you.

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you very much, LaceyDF and Lorie D., for your kind condolences! The presence of Michaela's memory is that much stronger thanks to your messages.

=^..^=

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Joe, I am so glad you reposted this. For some reason when the board crashed and we lost posts, I felt sad about you losing Michaela again.

tulip2454

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember your first sad post about Micheala.

I am glad you found to courage to repost and I noticed added a very moving poem and 'poster'. I hope it did not make too many unhappy memories resurface and you can look forward. I know it is a short time since losing your beautiful cat (and she really IS beautiful) but the happiness and love stays for a lifetime.
Take care

pooky

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My deapest sympathy for youre loss of Michaela. =(

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I replied the first time, when Michaela was honored, and it was lost...
I never forgot her, or the things that were said, I believe that to be because she was such an extraordinary cat.
Cat - much more than a cat...it seems so insincere to call her only a "cat", you have shown that she was much more, a best friend, ect...
Cat does not do her justice...
So to you Mr. Cat and Michaela, I hope you both find peace, she has, she is at RB~

l.trant

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time. Take care.

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all, very much — ash_bct, Deb25, l.trant, pooky and tulip2454. It means to world to me to read such lovely messages of condolence. Indeed, Michaela was my dear friend in life and will remain so — no matter that she has gone before me: I shall be joining her one of these days; and we can catch up on what's new with both of us! I'm sure to learn a great many more things from her.

=^..^=