My First Two Kittens! Im Not Sure What Breed Are They!! Help?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, such cute little poofy babies!

Most cats don't have any breed background. They're domestic shorthairs/longhairs. But your babies do have a somewhat flattened nose, so they probably have some Persian background somewhere. Most likely not a parent, maybe a grandparent or farther back.

So. . .domestic longhairs with possible Persian background would be my verdict.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is Bella ok? She looks to have an upper respiratory infection perhaps. They both look much too young to be away from their mother and siblings. What is their story? How old are they?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old are these babies? In these pictures, they look too young to leave their mother. You say you bought them from someone?

I would describe Luna as a blue domestic longhair, and Bella as a blue point domestic longhair. They appear to have fairly short noses and heavy coats, which could indicate some Persian ancestry, but on the other hand it might just be because they are such young kittens. It's too early to try to figure out what they will look like as adults. Most cats are not any particular breed.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, yeah, I saw the bottle and assumed they were orphans, but now I see that it says they bought the kittens :/. Not a very responsible breeder/seller, that's for sure.

Have they been to the vet yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LunaxRuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is Bella ok? She looks to have an upper respiratory infection perhaps. They both look much too young to be away from their mother and siblings. What is their story? How old are they?
Yes im worried about bella as well, she looks odd a bit, im going to take her to the vet today, Bella is 5 weeks old and Luna is 2 months ( i think ), their story is I was going around looking to buy one cat I went into one store, and found this two babies cuddled up in a corner, I asked the guy whats up with them, he said im selling them, i asked him arent they too young where is their mom, he said no mama, there was another guy in the store he was looking at them, he was talking in the phone, he said " i found two young kittens they look fit for our experiment, then he followed up by idk prob wont survive after it" so i freaked out and got my card out bought them both, and called human right and reported the store.

When i took them to the vert about 5 days ago i was told they have some insects in their ears, they did something to both of their ears, im not sure what tbh, they did all other tests for them and told me they are both fine. but yes Bella looks weird she is scaring me. they both eat wett food, but idk why they stopped 2 days ago so i bought kitten formula milk, and they been drinking that no problem.

LunaxRuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How old are these babies? In these pictures, they look too young to leave their mother. You say you bought them from someone?

I would describe Luna as a blue domestic longhair, and Bella as a blue point domestic longhair. They appear to have fairly short noses and heavy coats, which could indicate some Persian ancestry, but on the other hand it might just be because they are such young kittens. It's too early to try to figure out what they will look like as adults. Most cats are not any particular breed.
Yes they are young 5 weeks old and 2 months old according to the seller, they were in a bad place, so i just had to take them home, u can check out the story in the post above.

LunaxRuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmm, yeah, I saw the bottle and assumed they were orphans, but now I see that it says they bought the kittens :/. Not a very responsible breeder/seller, that's for sure.

Have they been to the vet yet?
They did was told they have insects in their ears, they gave them med and told me it should be gone by next week, im thinking of retaking them to the vet today because of how Bella looks, it worries me.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Let us know how it goes at the vet please.

I would have put them at the same age, probably 5-6 weeks. From the looks and the eating thing probably and upper respiratory infection. Hopefully the vet can get Bella on a medication to treat than. I'd see if you vet will give you enough to treat both kittens because they are so close together.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They must be siblings, looking so much alike. I think they're the same age but Bella is smaller due to being sick or eating less. 5-6 weeks would be my guess too.

I hope something can be done about that irresponsible seller.

LunaxRuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Let us know how it goes at the vet please.

I would have put them at the same age, probably 5-6 weeks. From the looks and the eating thing probably and upper respiratory infection. Hopefully the vet can get Bella on a medication to treat than. I'd see if you vet will give you enough to treat both kittens because they are so close together.

I wasn't able to take them to the vet sadly, the one ii always take them too is closed, but I cleaned them up a bit today, they started eatting here are some photos
IMG_20190911_154314.jpg
IMG_20190911_153427.jpg
IMG_20190911_153333.jpg
IMG_20190911_153102.jpg
IMG_20190911_203241.jpg

Attachments

LunaxRuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They must be siblings, looking so much alike. I think they're the same age but Bella is smaller due to being sick or eating less. 5-6 weeks would be my guess too.

I hope something can be done about that irresponsible seller.
Yeah they too close to each other

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Bella is the pointed version of Luna. Bella will likely get darker as she gets older. Persian mix of some sort from their flat faces. Which means Upper Respiratory Infection is more likely since flat faces are more prone to them.

You might want to take them into the bathroom and run some hot water. If they do have URI that could help with clearing up their sinuses which may make them more inclined to eat. Also try mixing their kitten milk with wet food to see if they will lap up the food. If they won't, keep with the kitten milk (I am assuming KMR for a nursing replacement milk not treat milk) you can also do fresh goat's milk if you have access to it. Keep them hydrated and warm until you can see a vet.

For later on, they likely will need a regular grooming routine. Bath, brushing and eye cleaning (probably daily brushing but less frequent baths). This article has some tips for showing a cat that you will probably find helpful.
What Is Grooming A Show Cat Like?

LunaxRuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bella is the pointed version of Luna. Bella will likely get darker as she gets older. Persian mix of some sort from their flat faces. Which means Upper Respiratory Infection is more likely since flat faces are more prone to them.

You might want to take them into the bathroom and run some hot water. If they do have URI that could help with clearing up their sinuses which may make them more inclined to eat. Also try mixing their kitten milk with wet food to see if they will lap up the food. If they won't, keep with the kitten milk (I am assuming KMR for a nursing replacement milk not treat milk) you can also do fresh goat's milk if you have access to it. Keep them hydrated and warm until you can see a vet.

For later on, they likely will need a regular grooming routine. Bath, brushing and eye cleaning (probably daily brushing but less frequent baths). This article has some tips for showing a cat that you will probably find helpful.
What Is Grooming A Show Cat Like?
Thank you, your info is helpful, today I didn't give them milk at all, just wet food and they ate it all, well Luna ate more I think but Bella ate a fair amount I'd say

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you, your info is helpful, today I didn't give them milk at all, just wet food and they ate it all, well Luna ate more I think but Bella ate a fair amount I'd say
Assuming you still have the kitten milk, it wouldn't hurt them to get a little moisture and nutrition boost by mixing it in with their food or leaving a dish out to lap some up. If our guesses are right they are a little young to have left mom so the extra nutrition in the milk will be good. You'd also use it instead of just tossing it.

LunaxRuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Assuming you still have the kitten milk, it wouldn't hurt them to get a little moisture and nutrition boost by mixing it in with their food or leaving a dish out to lap some up. If our guesses are right they are a little young to have left mom so the extra nutrition in the milk will be good. You'd also use it instead of just tossing it.
OK so I just mix it with the food? I do have kitten dry food too, like the tiny cornflakes I generally use royal canin products including the milk

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OK so I just mix it with the food? I do have kitten dry food too, like the tiny cornflakes I generally use royal canin products including the milk
Yes, just add the milk to the wet food and stir together until either it's a slurry or it's just slightly wetter then you started with. You could also just mush the wet food some and add the milk on top. Some cats/kittens have preference. I've usually found younger ones like more of a baby food consistency so more milk to make it more liquidy.

I'd stick with wet and milk until probably the end of October (guessing it's really when you notice them drinking regularly). Young kittens don't have much of a desire to drink water, since they should still be drinking milk from Mom. It's easy for them to get dehydrated with dry food because they just don't realize they should drink water. Wet food and some milk out (or mixed in) will give them water in their diet without drinking water. Do have a water dish out but don't be surprised if they don't drink much until they are a little older. Once they start drinking a more noticable amount of water you can transition to dry if you'd like. But really, wet food is better usually in terms of nutrition and moisture content for cats long term.

Flat faces cats do have smaller jaws and tend to do better with flat wide dishes for eating along with wet food (easier to lick up and less chewing) or dry food that is more of a flatter oval shape (I think I know which kitten food you are talking about and the shape is a good one for them). It's a biomechanical thing that flatter faced cats tend to roll their tongue the opposite way when picking up food along with less space. So a shape that doesn't roll too much but is still easy to pick up with their tongue. Which is probably way too much detail.