My First Ever Smart Phone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
di and bob di and bob My old phone was not a smart phone so I don't think the blue tooth thing would work for transferring contacts.
Texting is worse trying to do it than on my old flip phone. I only do it when I can't get my kids to answer their phones. I am not a person who totes this thing all the time. It stays in my purse and I only use it when I leave home. It is merely a phone to have in case of emergency on the road since we live in the country and roads to and from are remove areas. Also, my husband and I communicate when we shop or just when we have to reach each other.
I don't do internet with the phone and would never need email, or hardly ever the camera. If I take any pictures, they will be downloaded and stored on my computer.

My question here is how much storage will I really need if all I intend to do is talk and some text, not much.
I detest texting on this phone.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Most likely your storage will be adequate . People who store photos and add additional apps get into trouble .

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
how much storage do you have blueyedgirl5946 blueyedgirl5946 ? I had one that was 12 gig but videos of Honeybee ate it up fast. The cameras on these phones are incredible. the new one i got 64 gigs. I wanted 120 gig but couldn't find it under the carrier I use-only because I wanted to film the Honeybee doing her silly antics. But I don't spend much time on my home computer-the cell phone is faster than my regular internet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat Thank you for answering. The phone has a 4 gigabyte card. The instruction book says it will accept a 3 gig card. Hubby put a new one in my Valentine card yesterday. I am wondering if I really need it because of how I use the phone.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
well when you get used to the camera-you will find yourself taking photos of nature out on your walks.

I love taking sunset/sunrise pictures and lake pictures and of course CATS! LOL.

you won't have much room to store videos but plenty for about 500 (a guess) photos depending on the resolution.

my 12 gig had 4000 photos and it was 8 gigs full-left 4 open...too many photos..what can I say? I love photography.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally had to call Tracfone. Much to my surprise I was connected with a woman I could understand her speech. She was very nice, helpful. She reactivated my phone, gave me back all my minutes, texts, data and service date. I love good customer service, especially when I am pulling out my hair.
I love Tracfone's customer service. I had some major problems at first - not their fault (ours), but they were more than happy to help and went beyond most CS. Like you, I didn't really want a smart phone, but finding a decent flip phone wasn't happening.
Then my son showed me Audacity and I've been having a blast creating ringtones. I now have more ringtones than I have people calling me. But it's fun to have them.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For future reference, if you didn't already know, you can speak to a CS rep online in a chat session so you don't have to use any of your minutes. It has to be during the hours, but this way is much easier than staying on hold to get someone.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My old phone wasn't a smart phone either, it was just an old flip phone, it 'paired' fine with my smart phone to transfer my contacts. I bet it's in your instruction book on your new phone.