My Dessert For Our Memorial Day Picnic

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Banana Split Brownie Bars

I'm going to make my own brownies (throwing in some chopped peanuts) and my own (stabilized) whipped cream. But I'll still use the banana cream pudding mixes. I'm thinking of scattering some Heath bars over the top, just because I have them.

It looks good on the web page. I can make it early Monday morning, as it needs about 4 hours to chill before serving.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm going to make my own brownies (throwing in some chopped peanuts) and my own (stabilized) whipped cream. But I'll still use the banana cream pudding mixes. I'm thinking of scattering some Heath bars over the top, just because I have them.

It looks good on the web page. I can make it early Monday morning, as it needs about 4 hours to chill before serving.
Looks wonderful! Let us know how they turn out.
I'd use the heath bars, if you have them and aren't using them for anything else. It can only make them better :biggrin:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm a chocolate pudding girl. If we go to a buffet for dinner, I always scout the dessert section to see if there's chocolate pudding. It's probably canned pudding (probably Thank You canned pudding), but I always grab some anyway.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a chocolate pudding girl. If we go to a buffet for dinner, I always scout the dessert section to see if there's chocolate pudding. It's probably canned pudding (probably Thank You canned pudding), but I always grab some anyway.
I love chocolate pudding. Have you ever tried it with cinnamon? It is delicious. I found little cups of at the evil empire whose name won't be mentioned (it rhymes with Wal Mart :lol:). The brand is Senor Rico. It's by the latin foods in the refrigerated section.

upload_2019-5-26_15-4-0.png

Cozy Shack makes good pudding too. :yummy:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the canned pudding at buffets. It's ridiculous but I do. It just has something about it that's better than the little single-serve containers, lol. Sometimes I want to buy one of those huge cans but of course I'd never be able to eat it all before it went bad.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , has the weather calmed down for you? Did it ruin Memorial weekend?
I was wondering if you had a chance to serve that dessert :)

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the canned pudding at buffets. It's ridiculous but I do. It just has something about it that's better than the little single-serve containers, lol. Sometimes I want to buy one of those huge cans but of course I'd never be able to eat it all before it went bad.
I also love the canned pudding. Especially the chocolate. They don't have too many flavors. I used to buy the big cans at Price Club and take them to work for everybody. Like you said it is too much for one person.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Winchester Winchester : Those look delicious! How'd they turn out? Did you take pics?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

You know, it was pretty good! I'd make it again. I gave the recipe to a woman at work and she was going to make it this weekend. No picture; I don't take pictures all the time. I get emails from both Betty Crocker and from Pillsbury and, sometimes, a recipe will catch my eye.

I halved the recipe and used an 8 x 8-inch pan. Made my own brownies. Put the banana pudding layer over the cooled brownies, then added a wee layer of chopped peanuts (recipe does not include the peanuts). Then the Cool Whip layer (I used Cool Whip Lite). And threw it into the fridge to set. When I got it out to serve, I added chopped strawberries, chopped pineapple, and the chopped banana. Threw some crumbled Heath bars over that (recipe does not include Heath bars). And then the warm fudge sauce. And topped each piece with a maraschino cherry.

My sister took a bite and said, "Aw, wow! You know this really does taste like a banana split!"

I'd recommend it. If you don't like the banana pudding, try chocolate with chocolate Cool Whip (do they still make Chocolate Cool Whip?) Or lemon....lemon would be decadent! Now I have to try it with lemon! But then without the fruit. And use something more chocolate....lemon and chocolate rock together.

Next time? I'm making the whole thing!

Kat0121 Kat0121 Oh, and that Senor Rico's pudding? They make an excellent flan, too. Rick loves the stuff, so whenever I have a coupon and it goes on sale, we'll buy it. It's quite tasty. We get it at Giant.

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They, plus the variations, all sound delicious. :yummy: