My Dad's Cat Is Throwing Up Yellow Liquid And Won't Eat Or Drink.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sabec

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Small amounts of Pedialyte might also be useful in this instance.
I have some pedialyte. Also the canned food was called prescription diet i/d with chicken.

sabec

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also I had an appointment at 10 am sharp.

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm hesitant to encourage you to feed pedialyte, as it's possible that your kitty can aspirate the liquid. Follow the directions your vet gave you regarding feeding. If she doesn't eat anything within a couple of hours, I suggest taking her to an emergency vet-- one different than the one you've been seeing thus far.

sabec

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay sounds good. I'll keep trying to get her to eat!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Also, remember that your kitty will pick up on your stress, so try not to be very stressed. I know that's easier said than done. Also, I agree with a second opinion. If you can gather up all the medical records and x-ray that you've already had done, that will help.

sabec

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My dad has everything put away somewhere so I can't access it right now. The only thing I do have is the 2 most recent receipts of me going there and paying for the treatment.

melissa007

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So recently my dad's cat has been sick and not feeling all too well. She is throwing up a yellow liquid and won't eat or drink. We have taken her to a vet and got her examined and had an injection of liquids (i think to keep her hydrated) and the next step is to get her blood taken and tested to see if theres anything else Is there anything I can do to make my cat more comfortable in the mean time? She is also just isolating herself away from everyone else and I don't want my dad to be heartbroken if she passes away. (hopefully not) Should I leave her alone or what should I do? He asked me to try and make her as comfortable as possible so please give me suggestions on what I should do.
Hi, I had the exact same thing happened to my cat. I took a syringe and gave her water and food every hour, you can try the powder baby milk just to make sure he gets some food in, I did that for 2 days and slowly she started eating on her own. I was at the vet 5 times lots of meds etc but to be honest I should have just fed her from the beginning, it's not nice force feeding them but it will save their lives

sabec

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay! I will do that right now!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sabec- I'm sorry you received that response. I know sometimes it takes several trips to the vet to figure out what is wrong with the cat and try different treatments. I believe you that you went to the vet and that you love and care about your cat. I hope everything works out for your kitty, keep us posted.

sabec

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I will! Thank you for giving me help / suggestions everyone! :)