My Ckd Cat Is Acting Strange.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SusieCookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
15 ml every two hours is good. And the fact that he licks the broths on his own is also good. Do not worry about him sitting under the bed, when cats don't feel well they do want to hide. He must be tired but that is expected. You will have a better picture and advice by the vet but be hopeful and don't think of the worst. You might see him all well soon.
Thank you. I am trying to stay positive about the situation. I feed him again just now before we go to his vet appointment and he peed on the blanket I had him on. He just seems to wanna pee wherever he feels. I can't tell if it's incontinence or just he feels comfortable enough to go. He finally pooped some, but he did it under the bed. He came out today to kinda wander but was just looking for another hiding spot. We will see what my Vet says. Poor baby has been fighting so hard.

cat1967

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I am trying to stay positive about the situation. I feed him again just now before we go to his vet appointment and he peed on the blanket I had him on. He just seems to wanna pee wherever he feels. I can't tell if it's incontinence or just he feels comfortable enough to go. He finally pooped some, but he did it under the bed. He came out today to kinda wander but was just looking for another hiding spot. We will see what my Vet says. Poor baby has been fighting so hard.
It is good that he is trying at least. Mine had given up as if he didn't want me to suffer with him. Please let me know what the vet said as soon as you come back home. The very best of luck to you both.

SusieCookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is good that he is trying at least. Mine had given up as if he didn't want me to suffer with him. Please let me know what the vet said as soon as you come back home. The very best of luck to you both.
The vet said there is nothing more I can do for him.. I've decided to end his suffering. The pain is just awful..

cat1967

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh God. You are right where I was two weeks ago. I completely understand. It is probably what is best for your beautiful cat who has had a wonderful life with you. The pain is terrible, I still feel it. I questioned myself on what I did wrong, on what I should or shouldn't have done but there is nothing to be done once a cat's health is deteriorating. As one said, by ending his life you are taking all the pain from him and putting it on you. What is a better way to show unconditional love?
There isn't one. I think you have made the right choice. But I am terribly sorry. I am with you anytime you need to talk. I really do feel you.
Lots of hugs and kisses to the both of you.
Tell him how much you love him till the last minute. Believe me he understands.

SusieCookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh God. You are right where I was two weeks ago. I completely understand. It is probably what is best for your beautiful cat who has had a wonderful life with you. The pain is terrible, I still feel it. I questioned myself on what I did wrong, on what I should or shouldn't have done but there is nothing to be done once a cat's health is deteriorating. As one said, by ending his life you are taking all the pain from him and putting it on you. What is a better way to show unconditional love?
There isn't one. I think you have made the right choice. But I am terribly sorry. I am with you anytime you need to talk. I really do feel you.
Lots of hugs and kisses to the both of you.
Tell him how much you love him till the last minute. Believe me he understands.
Thank you my dear. Hopefully with time I will feel better again. I just really hoped for a miracle but his temperature was low when we went to the vet. The vet told me his kidneys are slowly poisoning him. He would eventually suffer more if I kept it up. Thank you sweet friend ♡

cat1967

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you my dear. Hopefully with time I will feel better again. I just really hoped for a miracle but his temperature was low when we went to the vet. The vet told me his kidneys are slowly poisoning him. He would eventually suffer more if I kept it up. Thank you sweet friend ♡
I know I know. Benji’s temperature had lowered too the night before I took him to the vet. The normal temperature is 38-39 C and Benji’s was 34.9. He wouldn’t have made it another day. It is hard especially when I buried him. I dug in the back yard where another six cats are buried all knocked bu cars and I left him rest there. He is in kitty heaven now.

cat1967

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dear SusieCookie I know you don't feel much better today. You must be still numb from the whole thing but it will be better with time. Do you have any other cats you can hug and hold right now? If not, see this as a chance to adopt a poor soul who is waiting for a new home and to be taken away from the shelters or the streets. I have six more cats and a dog. It is so rewarding giving our love to animals. They realize it and give it back.

SusieCookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dear SusieCookie I know you don't feel much better today. You must be still numb from the whole thing but it will be better with time. Do you have any other cats you can hug and hold right now? If not, see this as a chance to adopt a poor soul who is waiting for a new home and to be taken away from the shelters or the streets. I have six more cats and a dog. It is so rewarding giving our love to animals. They realize it and give it back.
Thank you. I do have two wonderful little fluffy babies that I can hold and love. I hope to someday get a new baby to love. When I feel like I can do it.