My Cats Weight

Selena800

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my kittens they are 3 almost 8 months if this month will complete one of them is bigger them other 2 hes 3.900 kg almost 4kg but other 2 are 2.800 and 2.900 why? Hes active cat but little chubby and the mother cat weight is 3.200 and father 3.700 mother cat is small in height but father cat is bigger then mother cat is it normal that they are less then the kitten? When we went for checkup vet said they are healthy and weight is normal

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kittens from the same litter can all vary in size, be bigger or smaller than their parents. If the vet had said he is healthy and he's eating, playing and being normal, I shouldnt worry. He could be growing faster than the other two and they will catch up later.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Healthy weight for cats, just like it is for humans, is a range. The other two might be on the skinnier side while the third is on the heavier side of the range. Reasons might be more genetical composition from different parents, one is more or less active (read: burn more calories) than the others, etc Also male cats' healthy weight range is higher than females'.