My Cats Smelly Butt

me & tigger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's been a while since I have posted in here. Been busy with My approx 10 month old. Almost a year anyway.

So yah I have this cat I rescued in the Fall time. And he is mine now seeing as he was a throw away. And I could not find where he belonged before I found out he was a Throw Away which I had never heard of and certainly had a hard time hearing, How could someone do such a thing?

So I have a cat and I love him. He has been to the vet already and needs to get fixed.

He cleans himself all the time and I cannot figure out why he has a smelly butt. He has to go in soon to get fixed so I am wondering if this is why his butt is smelly?! It is when I put my nose close to him that I notice it and sure enough, it is his butt! What is this about and what can I do about it? Maybe it will go away after he gets fixed up.

He also HOWLS like crazy at night time. And knocks things over and is totally clumsey and careless. I put him outside on a leash and that cured him for the most part. He is not an outside cat YET. I have not allowed him out in this COLD COLD weather we have had and I was not planning on letting him out yet anyway.

He does not like to play much by himself and he like to lay down and play from his back, that is strange. I have not seen a cat play like that before.
I also do not know what to play with him. I got him a bunch of mice and ping pong ball and a scratch post with 2 Bean Balls hanging off of it that he seems to like and also a fishing rod with elastic and feathers at the end of it. I do not know what else I can do for him or get him or play with him, with?

I am not sure of Communication with him. I do not know what he wants sometimes. I am still unsure of the food thing as well...anyway, I could go on and on but this pretty much sums it up.
Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions or questions that would be nice.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

thecatsmeow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i dont know, have you noticed him rubbin his butt on the floor? if so maybe he needs his anal glands expressed. that's just a thought. i've never smelled my cats butt but maybe its the smell from when he's sprays is he is spraying already. i think the sooner you get him fixed the better. i think most of his howling and stuff comes from him probly going into heat and wanting to get some booty. just my .02 cents...
i could be wrong.

-.D.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

me & tigger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's a good one. The Anal Glands. I totally forgot about this and I am not sure how often this needs to be done? No he is not rubbing his butt on the floor at all.
No he is not spraying yet either. Thanks for responding.

thecatsmeow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Me & Tigger

That's a good one. The Anal Glands. I totally forgot about this and I am not sure how often this needs to be done? No he is not rubbing his butt on the floor at all.
No he is not spraying yet either. Thanks for responding.
Go get his anal glands expressed, they may be impacted, I don't know if it'll take care of the other problems, but it'll probably help the "smelly butt" LoL

-Ashley