my cat's rough week

meandthegov

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel really bad for my little cat and need to vent/seek advice because he seems really stressed.

We went to the vet last friday to get his anal glands expressed, it's a recurring problem that makes him so uncomfortable. While we were there, and he was in his carrier, the resident cat at the clinic came up and started bothering him and he couldn't get away. Gov hates other cats so this made him really mad.

Two days later, he started sneezing and I suspect he picked something up at the vet.

The vet advised me to put him on a diet, so he's been getting a quarter cup less of food every day.

My family is visiting me this weekend, and both my parents and my sister have cats of their own. My dad took a nap on my bed today, where me and gov usually sleep together. My sister is staying with me, and he has been hissing at her and the air mattress where she's sleeping.

I live in a studio apartment and I just think that all of gov's scent is lost in all of the commotion. He is hissing at everything, even me. I wish I could help him out right now. He is so stressed and I feel awful. What should I do??