My cat's nose

omgpingu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't recognise the nose, but whatever nose he has, he is BEAUTIFUL! 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
There are many shapes to cats' heads, noses, chins, ears, eyes, face width and so on and for each shape or look there will be someone who loves it and wants to reproduce and find a way to have more cats look like that in a consistent way which is how 'pedigree' types have developed, and continue to change, over the years.  To me your cat has a beautifully shaped forehead, slope to nose, and chin shape. Nicely proportioned and very smooth lines of lovely proportion.  It would be lovely to see his face from the front to see his whisker pads and the shape over the top of his head and his ears.  With the hint of a smile there in profile I suspect he has some cute whisker pads that we can't see from this angle?

I don't think there is any specific pedigree resemblance but he is certainly a very handsome black and white domestic short hair .  Some of the more experienced breeders may be able to give a more detailed description of his markings, or the face shape. 

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He DOES have a very distinctive, beautiful nose. I would bet their is some kind of oriental breeding in there, they seem to have the long distinctive noses like yours, but his is more 'refined'. I think maybe his eyes are larger then normal too, they seem huge! Beautiful cat! Hope you have many happy years together!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katayl88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There are many shapes to cats' heads, noses, chins, ears, eyes, face width and so on and for each shape or look there will be someone who loves it and wants to reproduce and find a way to have more cats look like that in a consistent way which is how 'pedigree' types have developed, and continue to change, over the years.  To me your cat has a beautifully shaped forehead, slope to nose, and chin shape. Nicely proportioned and very smooth lines of lovely proportion.  It would be lovely to see his face from the front to see his whisker pads and the shape over the top of his head and his ears.  With the hint of a smile there in profile I suspect he has some cute whisker pads that we can't see from this angle?
I don't think there is any specific pedigree resemblance but he is certainly a very handsome black and white domestic short hair .  Some of the more experienced breeders may be able to give a more detailed description of his markings, or the face shape.
Thanks for the reply! :) Here is a pic of him from the front. I'm not sure if you can tell much by it though. I thought it was cute how his sister had the same face shape :)

katayl88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He DOES have a very distinctive, beautiful nose. I would bet their is some kind of oriental breeding in there, they seem to have the long distinctive noses like yours, but his is more 'refined'. I think maybe his eyes are larger then normal too, they seem huge! Beautiful cat! Hope you have many happy years together!
Thank you :) He is only 23 months old right now. Unfortunately his sister passed away when they were 18 months old but he has a cute little adopted sister now :)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
How sad about his litter - sister.  I hope he and his adopted sister get on well and keep each other busy and get up to plenty mischief making like young cats should do. 

Oh my yes, he does have lovely whisker pads, that's what gives him his kitty smile I think, like it does with the Russian Blue. 
  He has a lovely classic shaped face with almond eyes and nice medium large ears to go with that muzzle of his, and pretty soft thick fur by the look of it.  A very handsome tuxedo to my eye.  Hopefully we'll see lots more photos of your cat on the site, including some lovely close-ups of that face and thos eyes!

reggie2011

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow, what an amazing kitty! Not sure what breed he may have gotten it from, but he has a very lovely face shape, and those whiskers and little flecks of white fur mixed in the black make him look adorable. I do agree with the above poster about the Russian Blue resemblance in the whisker pads - I can definitely see it! Thanks for sharing him with us!

katayl88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, what an amazing kitty! Not sure what breed he may have gotten it from, but he has a very lovely face shape, and those whiskers and little flecks of white fur mixed in the black make him look adorable. I do agree with the above poster about the Russian Blue resemblance in the whisker pads - I can definitely see it! Thanks for sharing him with us!
Thank you! :)

katayl88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How sad about his litter - sister.  I hope he and his adopted sister get on well and keep each other busy and get up to plenty mischief making like young cats should do. :catguy:

Oh my yes, he does have lovely whisker pads, that's what gives him his kitty smile I think, like it does with the Russian Blue. :D   He has a lovely classic shaped face with almond eyes and nice medium large ears to go with that muzzle of his, and pretty soft thick fur by the look of it.  A very handsome tuxedo to my eye.  Hopefully we'll see lots more photos of your cat on the site, including some lovely close-ups of that face and thos eyes!
How sad about his litter - sister.  I hope he and his adopted sister get on well and keep each other busy and get up to plenty mischief making like young cats should do. :catguy:

Oh my yes, he does have lovely whisker pads, that's what gives him his kitty smile I think, like it does with the Russian Blue. :D   He has a lovely classic shaped face with almond eyes and nice medium large ears to go with that muzzle of his, and pretty soft thick fur by the look of it.  A very handsome tuxedo to my eye.  Hopefully we'll see lots more photos of your cat on the site, including some lovely close-ups of that face and thos eyes!
Thank you :) They definitely do get up to mischief hehe

Thank you :)