My Cats Love Water From A Cup More Than Their Dish.

Qstargazer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Both of my cats love to drink my water! Makes me giggle every time. If I put a glass of water right next their water bowel they always pic the cup even if both the glass and bowel were fresh. Does anyone else's cats do this? What are weird quirks yours have?
20170712_234711.jpg
20170712_234828.jpg
20170712_234753.jpg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I had one young girl, Daisy, who had a strong opinion that a heavy winter blanket stored on a shelf in my bedroom closet belonged in the living room. She would spend hours wrestling it off the shelf and then dragging into the living room inch by inch, only stopping periodically to rest or eat. Once she got it pulled into the living room, she was done with it. Never laid on it and ignored it. But as soon as it went back in the closet she would start all over again.

Daisy's other quirk was that she absolutely hated ringing telephones and made a beeline there when it rang to grab the handset by the cord and take it off the hook, so whenever the phone rang we had to race to answer before the cat did. Beautiful, brilliant and funny Daisy died at age 2 from cardiomyopathy.

2tuxedo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aw. I've started having to keep water glasses up high where the cats can't jump or they'll knock it over.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Our last cat couldn't resist dipping his paw into glasses to try any liquid they contained. If he liked it, he drank it. My parents had a cat that loved coffee. We got so sick of guarding it from her that everybody started using cups with lids.

Mowgli 's weirdest quirk is that he believes my husband's clean socks belong on the floor. No matter how many times a day you put them away, he drags them out again. My socks aren't interesting, though.

ads3j

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have the same experience with my cat, she will put her paws in every glass of liquid I'm drinking and we just put her water in high-ball glasses so she doesn't have to bend to drink. I JUST bought the drinkwell stainless steel bubbler, and so far she likes that too, but we still keep the glasses of water out (fresh, of course) all day. Weirdo kitties.

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw my previous kitty Willow did the same! She would absolutely insist on drinking out of water glasses as opposed to her water dish. I finally ended up just removing her dish and always making sure she had a fresh cup on my nightstand. I miss that wacko. :redheartpump:

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH boy, can I relate to that!! Katy ALWAYS would drink from my glass of water that I like to have for myself in the living room on the end table at the end of my sofa. It got to the point that she would help herself to my glass and then I really didn't want to drink from it after she did, you understand. So, what I did was get for her a "mini-me" glass and set that glass right next to mine on the end table. Works perfectly!;) Looks so funny, a tall glass sits there and her small glass right next to mine. :wink:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats, as we all know all too well, are VERY curious by nature. A glass of water is different and therefore a challenge. Then they get used to the water from a glass and want it to remain that way. My Burt has his glass of water by the kitchen sink.
One thing he does that is strange is he always has to sniff what we are eating. He doesn't want any, he just wants to sniff.
One other fun thing to do is to lay anything square or rectangular on the floor, a towel, a rug, even a rectangle of tape, and the cat will inevitably lay on it. It's hilarious!

123Carol

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Toby has to dip his paw in the water, slosh it all over the place and then drink by licking the water from his paw.

Little Boy tries to drink from my glass all the time. I'll have to try and take a picture of him.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
One other fun thing to do is to lay anything square or rectangular on the floor, a towel, a rug, even a rectangle of tape, and the cat will inevitably lay on it. It's hilarious!
Anything square, rectangular and made of cloth left on the floor around here and Chicken will inevitably pee on it. Not so funny.

:nono: