My Cat's Gums Are Very Pale Pink Almost White

Dawn lindsey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, , I'm Dawn and new to this site.
I have a 9 month old male cat. He was an indoor cat until recently but he seems to love being outside.
About 3 days ago, I noticed that his gums where very pale pink, almost white. So, I bought him some canned cat food with liver. Today I mixed some canned cat food with liver and kefir, and he ate that. He seems to be eating, doesn't seem to be hurting, not cuts are anything. He stays around our house, either the front porch or back deck. He still eats, enjoys his treats and petting, loves to sit in my lap. I spoil him and love him very much. The vet said, to try the canned food with liver.
Any advice of what else to do. If I don't see a change in few days, I plan on taking him to a vet.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you

babiesmom5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello, , I'm Dawn and new to this site.
I have a 9 month old male cat. He was an indoor cat until recently but he seems to love being outside.
About 3 days ago, I noticed that his gums where very pale pink, almost white. So, I bought him some canned cat food with liver. Today I mixed some canned cat food with liver and kefir, and he ate that. He seems to be eating, doesn't seem to be hurting, not cuts are anything. He stays around our house, either the front porch or back deck. He still eats, enjoys his treats and petting, loves to sit in my lap. I spoil him and love him very much. The vet said, to try the canned food with liver.
Any advice of what else to do. If I don't see a change in few days, I plan on taking him to a vet.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you
What color are the pads of his feet? If they, plus the gums are pale, it could be that he is anemic. Blood work checking for packed cell volume would confirm. Ask your Vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dawn lindsey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What color are the pads of his feet? If they, plus the gums are pale, it could be that he is anemic. Blood work checking for packed cell volume would confirm. Ask your Vet.
I will try to post his picture tomorrow because I'm at work at this time.
He hasn't been neutered yet. His name is Benny and he is so sweet and loving.
Since he is an outdoor cat, is there a way to see if he has worms? He has a blanket in his house, would there be worms on that ? I really appreciate your quick response and appreciate any more advice.
Thank you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dawn lindsey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you take a pic and post it for us to see please !!
I'm at work right now but I'll try to post his Picture tomorrow. His name is Benny, he is so sweet and love him.
Thank you so much for your quick response.
I would really appreciate any more advice that you may have.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will try to post his picture tomorrow because I'm at work at this time.
He hasn't been neutered yet. His name is Benny and he is so sweet and loving.
Since he is an outdoor cat, is there a way to see if he has worms? He has a blanket in his house, would there be worms on that ? I really appreciate your quick response and appreciate any more advice.
Thank you
Yikes. He really must stay inside. He wants to go outside because he is feeling the urge to mate. He could have an abscess that you can't see. He will fight with other males, even to the death. He will also be impregnating females and contributing to cat overpopulation. Keep him in until he is is neutered. His health is in danger.