My cats are acting funny.

---ilovekitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have three cats. Ra'Feki (male), Meeko (female), & Topaz (female). Topaz and Meeko are both less then a year old. While Ra'Feki is turning two years old in April. Long story short. I gave Ra'feki to my grandmother for a year because where I live I couldn't have any animals. Well, I later found out that everyone in the apartment complex had small animals. So I took in two stray kittens, from different litters, which are the two females. I've had the two females for about 2 months now and they get along great. They groom one another, run around the house together, sleep together everything. You'd think they were in love. Now, just today I brought Ra'Feki back into my life. Im having some problems with him and the two younger cats. He'll meow and try to walk up to them and smell them, but Topaz doesnt let him. Then he will follow Meeko around, leaving Topaz with no one to play with. Topaz hisses at him and then runs off. I feel like My Topaz doesn't have her friend anymore. Mind you, Ra'Feki is neutered, so I don't know why he is acting like he is horny. If that's even the case. I don't know what do to. Can someone help me please.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like Ra'feki is just being friendly, but I would start be separating him from the other two and introducing him slowly. Topaz probably looks at him like an intruder (some cats take a long time to warm up to newcomers.

Here's a good article that gives step-by-step instructions from introducing cats http://www.thecatsite.com/a/introducing-cats-to-cats It sounds like Meeko doesn't have any problem with a new friend, but hopefully these suggestions will help Topaz accept him as well.

Good luck! 

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are the female cats spayed yet?  A male cat even neutered will still be interested in intact females.  So have them spayed.  It will help the other one be more accepting of your male.  Plus, it can take a month or more for all the cats to fully accept eachother and be family.  Just don't expect too much too soon is my advice.  Constant reassurance to all of them and plenty of one on one time with each but also maybe schedule some play time with you that they can all participate in.  This will bond them faster if they play together with mom.