My cat won’t use kicker toy

jendomoto

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I have two 7 months old kitten, they play with each other a lot and I have a variety of toys for them to play with as well.
But one of them would sometimes go after and kick my ankle/feet, I would immediately redirect and present the kicker toy to him but he just ignore the toy and kick it away, and keep going after me.
I would say OWW and push him away when he does bite but he just keep coming back.
He used the toy when i first got it but then he stopped using it? I have tried spraying the toy with catnip but all he does is lick the toy, what can I do to get him to use the kicker toy again?
p.s some pics of him actually still using the kicker a month ago

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't really think there's a way to get a cat to start playing with a specific toy, if they don't want to. Sometimes, I think, they just get bored with their toys, so maybe try putting it away for a bit, then bringing it back out, like it's brand new, and maybe him might be interested in it again.

Meanwhile, here's an article from the Humane Society that might be helpful:
Teach Your Kitten How to Play Nice : The Humane Society of the United States

Plus our TCS one on How To Stop Playtime Aggression In Cats | TheCatSite

susanm9006

Resident Cat Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
When he starts to bite you can try picking him up and holding him for a few minutes. He will hate it but that’s the point. It’s just letting him know that you are bigger and the boss. A mom cat would hold her kitten down for a second when they were getting too obnoxious and this is also something you can try as well.