My Cat Won't Eat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Marisa496

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Every cat is different. One cat may be fine with the puppy while another may be completely scared, stressed out, etc and just not show it visibly. Music and calming products are the same. Works for some cats and not so much for others.

Can you move to an apartment with the cats, assuming you are old enough?
Is your kitty eating?
Even though its not the healthiest stuff try lickables Delectables, or if you have a walmart the Pure Balance brand makes a lickable treat and that gets my kitty eating

Attachments

Marisa496

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We got an appetite stimulant from the vet and sam is eating a little bit ❤ I wish he knew so many people were trying to help him. I'll move out once I graduate and get my own place and the cats are coming with me. For now I'll try to keep the peace with my sister and focus on keeping sam happy. That's all I can do for him. He has a vet appointment next week to re-check his liver function. Thank you to everyone who took the time to try and help sam ❤ I think he likes the cat music and we just got him a fan.

BluenIsaacBoys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Apologies if someone has already mentioned this, but has your vet tried an appetite stimulant such as Cyproheptadine or Mirtazapine? These are sometimes helpful in getting them to eat and they are not very expensive.

Hartz also makes a product called Delectables Squeeze ups which are pureed cat food treats. I have not met a cat who did not like them. They are kind of like "Go-gurt" for cats and you can just cut them open and squeeze them for your cat to eat. When my 19 year old won't eat, more often than not he will still want these. I know some grocery stores carry them, and they are worth a try. Best of luck.

https://www.chewy.com/hartz-delectables-squeeze-up-chicken/dp/149719

BluenIsaacBoys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry, for some reason your previous post did not show up before, so did not see that you'd already tried the stimulant. I'm so happy to hear that Sam is eating some and hopefully his appetite will continue to improve!

Marisa496

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update about Sam:
He started eating on his own. He needs a little encouraging but will occasionally get up and eat on his own. He even begged for some ice cream I was eating near him last week. At the last vet appointment (on the 17th), his liver values had improved a lot and he no longer has anemia. The vet said to continue the treatment we were doing. He also mentioned being worried about an uncommon disease PIF because of some elevated value in Sam's bloodwork. Sam had an ultrasound and he doesn't have the wet form of the disease, however the vet cannot rule out the dry one. I googled the disease and he never had the fever or diarrhea. His symptoms were the anorexia, the hepatic lipidosis, and a bit of thinning of his coat on the back of his neck. Sam seems to be feeling well. Today I tried giving him a bit of tuna and sam had a strong gag reflex to the smell of it.
Has anyone dealt with any of this before? I am still worried about him.

Marisa496

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi
Sorry for the late reply
Sam is doing ok :) his last blood work was completely normal and he's eating fine on his own <3
Thank you to everyone who offered advice and cared about Sam.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I just wanted to let you know that we are thinking about you.

Did you have a chance to work out things regarding the water drinking issue?