My Cat Won't Eat Meat

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear that blending the food with water worked! Lots of pates and chunks and sheds process up nicely like that -- I hope she continues to eat well that way. It's a particularly good way to get the food into her because she'll also get plenty of fluids. :)

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im glad to hear she is eating :) with some cats its a matter of finding the right texture. some of mine will eat pate, some will not. others prefer minced, some like shreds. None of mine will eat chunks.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im glad to hear she is eating :) with some cats its a matter of finding the right texture. some of mine will eat pate, some will not. others prefer minced, some like shreds. None of mine will eat chunks.
A few of ours love grinds and a few of them ignore grinds for chunks. Our littlest and toughest can power through some large chunks of food that take some serious effort and seems to crave this, but another will walk away from any chunk larger than a pencil eraser without coaxing/teasing. One of our dogs loves chunks but inhales food so the chunks of food have to be HUGE, more than he can consume.
My UTI girl loves chunks of anything, and she loves it when I open a can of pate and give her 1/4-1/3 of the can in one huge chunk for her to grab and rush off with.

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you can get it, freeze dried raw when you hydrate it is pretty soupy and is also quite protein dense. You feed them much less than canned food for equal amounts of protein.

MidlifeDaydreams

Midlife Daydreams
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is 5 years old but is more like 5 months old, she loves to play and chase etc...before I took her in she spent 4 years on the streets...My problem she will not eat meat or fish..I have to remove all meat from a pouch then she will suck at the jelly or gravy like a kitten...for 20 minutes every night she sucks my throw like a kitten. If I offer fish she turns away she can't stand the smell...I have tried everything...from cheap tinned food to the most expensive with 80-90% meat..she will not touch meat if there is a small piece of meat in it she walks away. She is a very small long haired black cat and her paws are small doll like anyway, she has very small features but I am worried she does not seem to get excited about food... Surely she needs to gain some muscle/weight ? she is more like a kitten I don't know what to do.
My old bitty is like this. She only likes the juice or jelly. So strange.