My Cat Will NOT Wear Her Cone, PLEASE HELP

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you found something that worked. I agree with everyone about the cone. They are the pits. When Lily had one because of the claw she tore off, it was so heavy she couldn't lift her head and had to walk backwards, dragging it behind her. I was so grieved for her I took it off and the claw healed just fine.
When Neko-chan came home after her spay, her head drooped to the ground. My husband and I both thought she looked like the dog in How the Grinch Stole Christmas!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 11 month old cat just got spayed today, and everything has been fine up until she had to take her medicine. She completely went ballistic and started jumping and running around the room, and her cone ripped off. I’ve been trying to get it on her but she REFUSES to put it on and every time I try she gets aggressive or tries to jump away again. I’m scared to try anything since I don’t want her stitches to open, but I have no clue what to do. Right now she’s just sleeping normally without her cone on. And has shown no interest in her surgery site but I rather be safe than sorry.
She will be fine without it. None of my cats would ever wear one and they were fine. You could try one of those suits it looks like pajamas instead maybe.