My Cat Weight

Selena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
so my male cat will be 1 year old in end of june he use to be chubby with saggy stomach he was 4 kg now he’s 3.5 why he lost weight is that okay? He is very normal playful my other cats also they are like this sometimes losing sometimes gaining is it normal???

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It depends on how quickly he lost .5 kg and if his activity level has changed, if he has been eating the same amount, and the same food. If he lost that much weight quickly, like in less then a month, it's cause for concern and a vet visit is a good idea. Unless he was overweight to begin with cats under a year old don't normally lose weight, and cats in general don't lose weight for no reason.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Selena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It depends on how quickly he lost .5 kg and if his activity level has changed, if he has been eating the same amount, and the same food. If he lost that much weight quickly, like in less then a month, it's cause for concern and a vet visit is a good idea. Unless he was overweight to begin with cats under a year old don't normally lose weight, and cats in general don't lose weight for no reason.
Im not sure he was over weight or no but he was really chubby with saggy stomach that i was worried im feeding him so much he use to eat everyones food now he eats he’s food only maybe my mom is giving them less then before im not sure I think he loss within some months because I didn’t notice it when I touch hes stomach that saggy stomach was not there and he use to be a little heavy when i pick him up now he’s like my other cats, my other cats they are gaining somtimes and losing sometimes it happened to one of my cats i call vet at home he checked him and gv some omga 6 and other vitamins he was back on hes weight I don’t know what should i do should i call vet or no?