My Cat Suddenly Cannot Pee Tonight!

liukimmy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat peed a lot this morning after his meal. However, this afternoon, I noticed that he went to pee couple times but nothing comes out and he seemed to be struggling... Is this UTI? If it is how come it suddenly happened? Please respond asap. If it's emergency I will have to rush him to the vet!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Since he seems to be straining, it could be a blockage, which is especially dangerous in male cats. I would strongly advise you take him into the emergency vet. If it is a blockage, that would be an emergency.

Please do keep us updated!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's an emergency. A blockage can come on quite suddenly like that and have dire consequences, so it's crucial that he be taken to the vet asap.

:vibes::vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

liukimmy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He managed to open the window and ran off before I would get him to the vet! He might have associated pain with the litter box! I already posted on craigslist but I don't know if he will survive the night!

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh no...please keep us up to date if he comes back. I'm sure he will! Maybe he got wind of another kitty outside?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no. How did he get the window open? Yeah, if he is blocked, he needs to get to the vet quick. Does he eat a lot of dry food? Maybe switch him to mostly canned food when he comes back. Male cats need the moisture from canned food.