My cat suddenly attacks me and my other cat

Clro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was close to my cat and she began to purr and i pet her, she put her belly up and i kept petting her head but she took her claws outs and held my hands (she didn't scratch me at all) and bit me, it didn't really hurt but im unsure if it was a love bite or an actual bite... It's weird because she would never bite nor scratch me, she usually smells me and put her claws away or takes my hands away with her paws if she doesn't want to be petted.... And after that she went running to her sister and began to bite her, then they started fighting?? Their tails were moving really fast from side to side. They fight very often but they also love eachother... Is all of that normal? If not, what can I do?

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like "play biting". A cat can start doing that to their human kind of randomly. Just discourage it with a loud "no" a hiss or similar.

If it was play biting, it would be totally normal for the cat to seek out the other cat to play with after not getting anything too exciting out of play biting you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Clro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounds like "play biting". A cat can start doing that to their human kind of randomly. Just discourage it with a loud "no" a hiss or similar.

If it was play biting, it would be totally normal for the cat to seek out the other cat to play with after not getting anything too exciting out of play biting you.
Oh okay tysm!! She had never done it before