my cat sleeps more than usual today. nothing else seems wrong.

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
And she's sleeping on her side instead of being curled up as usual. I know sleeping on side is usually a sign of relaxedness, but just in case.

She usually sit around in loaf, but she's on her side almost all day. She still eats, use litter and respond to food like following to the kitchen if i she hear something associated with food, but overall she sleeps more than i usually see her sleeping. she played this noon around 1pm chasing a stick around, but after lunch she barely respond to her toy after lunch and been mostly sleeping after except when dinner, she got up, eat, pee, groom for a bit then sleep again.

The thing is she escaped for 3 hours yesterday at 1 am, she's vaccinated but not spayed yet. I tried checking her body for signs of wound, or anything unusual but cannot find anything. No unusual discharge (except for small amount of brown eye booger i clean every day), appetite is still normal, and she uses litter. I dunno if she's just tired from being outside (it's been 20 hours since) or something is wrong.

Attachments

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like her big adventure took it out of her. Maybe the adrenaline of being gone and finding her way back home kept her energy up and that's why she is "crashing" now??? She does look relaxed and content in the picture so it doesn't seem like anything is wrong.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you might think about taking her in to be spayed kinda right now. There is
such a thing as silent heat. I know this because I had three cats go into it. Our first clue was 5 or so tom cats hanging on the window screen going, "Hi ya, babe, can you come out and play?" Our then tom cats just smirked at them.

All the ladies went to the vet that afternoon and came home fixed. The vet implied that it was just as well since we probably didn't want to add another ten cats to our group.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you might think about taking her in to be spayed kinda right now.
It's ok; she has an appointment on the 26th.

Yeah, I agree it's just because she had an adventure last night. Gotta sleep it off.

Make sure you keep all the windows closed on the night of the 25th. . .cats do love to escape at the worst possible time and miss their appointments!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's ok; she has an appointment on the 26th.

Yeah, I agree it's just because she had an adventure last night. Gotta sleep it off.

Make sure you keep all the windows closed on the night of the 25th. . .cats do love to escape at the worst possible time and miss their appointments!
Yeah, i made sure i double checked everything haha. For the long term, i am looking to replace my screens with pet resilient screens so she can get fresh air while not escaping.

A.w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds like your baby is exhausted from her adventure!