My cat seems restless and unable to relax

sinead campbell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The last couples of weeks my cat has become very restless and seems unable to relax and I'm not sure what to do. He is eating normally but he doesn't seem to sleep that much and is often very restless, meowing and running around. I got him in October so its possible that he is still settling down but he's only been like this recently. He's 4 years old, not a kitten, and has been neutered so I'm not sure why he's suddenly like this. For the couple of months before this he would happily sleep on my bed at night and seemed very content. I thought that maybe he had too much energy as he is an indoor cat so I bought him some toys which he loves but he still seems to be restless. Its so bad that I now have to lock him in the kitchen at night because otherwise I get no sleep, and I feel so sad to have to do this. Could anyone offer any advice or help as to why he could be acting like this. He doesn't seem to be in any pain or injured, and I'm starting to get very worried. Thank you.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has the vet seen him yet? A couple of weeks seems a long time to have this going on without being looked at.  It could be related to some underlying heath issue but only a vet would be able to figure that out.