My Cat Randomly Bites

Scratchy22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today i woke up, fed my cat at the usual time, played with him for 20 minutes until he got tired, cuddled with him and he was purring hard for 2 hours while i was on my phone. And now i laid down for 5 minutes before going outside to do some chores, he jumps on to me, i pet him and he likes it. The moment i stop petting him after 20 seconds he bites my arm really hard to the point it bleeds. I scruff him and put him in another room. How can i stop this behavior? He is a 1 year old cat. Picture of the wound ( it was a bite)

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Did you support his weight when you scruffed him? He's old enough/large enough that he needs to have an extra hand under his bottom so that all that weight isn't hanging from his neck.

Ignoring him is good, hissing at him or a high pitched OW, a loud NO.

Do you have a way to take him for walks? The physical exercise and the mental and emotional stimulation would be good for him.

How To Deal With Cat "love Bites"?

How To Make Your Home Bigger (at Least For Your Cats)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Scratchy22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
H
Hi!
Did you support his weight when you scruffed him? He's old enough/large enough that he needs to have an extra hand under his bottom so that all that weight isn't hanging from his neck.

Ignoring him is good, hissing at him or a high pitched OW, a loud NO.

Do you have a way to take him for walks? The physical exercise and the mental and emotional stimulation would be good for him.

How To Deal With Cat "love Bites"?

How To Make Your Home Bigger (at Least For Your Cats)
Hey yes i put a hand under his belly when i scruff him to support his weight. I take him outside on a harness once a week and i regurarly buy new toys for him.