My cat ran away and has been gone for a week....:(

catlovergreen321

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat ran away with a limping paw and no matter how much I call him EVERY DAY he just doesn't come back. The incident starts with me and my cat playing with his toy mouse outside. I was holding it over his head while he jumped up and tried to get it. Well you guessed it he jumped up and grabbed my hand and it hurt like heck. I trews his toy so I can clean up the wound. When I got back I threw his mouse and he chased it and I ran after him. I tripped and fell right on top of my cat. He got up and limped as fast he could and jumped on top of the fence. He hissed and went over the fence. Then I haven't seen him in a week.

Update on him coming soon

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that is so very sad.
Accidents like this do happen.
He's probably very scared of you, and was not sure where to run, because of the pain in his paw/leg.

Take a look at these two threads...for a lot of ideas that you can try:
Cat lost for almost 60 hours

Indoor cat is outside and won't come in!

Don't give up hope.
Leave some food outside for him.
And some of your worn clothing, too, with your smell on the clothes, so he knows where to come back, to.

Write up some fliers, with your cat's photo,.. make copies, and posters,..and put them in the mailboxes of your neighbours, too.
Give them out to Vet clinics, also, so they can put them up.
And in grocery stores, and taped to street poles.

Last edited:

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat ran away with a limping paw and no matter how much I call him EVERY DAY he just doesn't come back. The incident starts with me and my cat playing with his toy mouse outside. I was holding it over his head while he jumped up and tried to get it. Well you guessed it he jumped up and grabbed my hand and it hurt like heck. I trews his toy so I can clean up the wound. When I got back I threw his mouse and he chased it and I ran after him. I tripped and fell right on top of my cat. He got up and limped as fast he could and jumped on top of the fence. He hissed and went over the fence. Then I haven't seen him in a week.

Update on him coming soon
I heard it said that If you set out a litter box the boxes scent can attack the cat.

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope you update us soon!

You obviously didn't mean to hurt him - but it does take many of them a bit of time to be less skittish of the person who was around when they were injured or frightened. But please don't give up on looking for him. Cats generally stay very close even when they bolt - - they generally stay even closer if they're injured at all. Since it's been a bit of time - I'd probably move to trying to live/humane trap him. He's likely close and HUNGRY! So a live trap - baited with a yummy smelly treat (we use canned mackerel - it's extra stinky and kitties love it). Most spay/neuter clinics have traps to loan out for a small fee or a deposit. Lots of us on the site have trapped kitties - - -and would be happy to offer advice.

Let us know if you've found him!