My cat purring at everyone but me

Pocket310

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 10 week old kitten that sleeps on my chest every night and every midday when I’m home he sleeps on my lap.
I clean his litter box and feed him but he only purrs the first few moments when I approach him.
The thing is… he has kneaded me and my roommate, he purrs around everyone for long periods of time but not me.
I’m not sure what he’s meaning, I consulted my mum and she suggested he saw me as more of a cat bed or a novelty than a person/cat.
I slow-blink and he does it back and I play with him and have done my research so why on earth does he purr around everyone but me! IMG_0703.jpeg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Maybe he falls asleep faster/more easily on you than others, because he is just that relaxed around you. Most cats stop purring as they nod off and go to sleep.

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree - try not to worry about the purring. It sounds like he likes you and is content and happy with you, so that's what matters. I have/had some very loving cats who rarely purr.

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe he is purring, but too quiet for you to hear, I had a sneaky-purrer, my Ebony (rainbow bridge) was the queen of sneaky purrs :catrub:

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get some Churu treats and feed him one while he lays on you.

Our youngest, Elliot, goes nutso for Churus! He sits on my lap, literally shivering, as he waits for me to open one! He sucks them down as fast as I can squeeze them out! He demolishes two at a time in only a few minutes!

No better way to make friends with a cat than to feed him a "Jackpot Treat!" ;) ;) ;)