My cat PEED on bed and suddently ON ME!

amfedup

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Male cat 1 year 8 month
i have 2 cats one male one female. this problem only happened with the male cat.

1st he started to pee on bed just a bit of pee i caught him in act twice
he kept smelling the certain then he just turned around then shake his tail in a funny way, thought he was playing but then appeared he actually pee'd abit on certain!

then another time i find the bed wet! and yesterday he actually pee'd on me while i was sleeping !!!!

only me and him and a female cat are around! i pet him a lot and he seems very happy, he purrs most of the time, actually when he pee and woke me up i got up i yelled at him abit hoping he wont do it again he went down the bed. one moment later he came up kept meowing as he always does so i pet him and play with him!

I LOVE THIS CAT SOOO MUCH AND I CANT EVEN THINK OF GIVING HIM AWAY
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

ANY IDEA???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amfedup

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i called my vet, he asked if he also pee's normally in litter regularly or not, he pee's absolutely normal in litter doesn't seem to have any difficulty in peeing.

about this only lately or not.
IN the bed yes this is only lately. but before long ago he did it few times outside in the sofa's chairs etc. i didn't catch him and i actually thought its the female cat as she is the naughty one always but one time a was bringing up a bag full of clothes he actually climbed it and pee'd on it. i shouted at him and i was very angry. he actually stopped doing it for awhile. then now THIS !

one thing odd they are pretty old and never tried to breed lol
female is around 1 year 10 month now. and him around 1 year 8 month.

NOTHING. just thought to mention this too.

both Persian cats. and they live in a perfect harmony. they help clean each others even. lol play around
both seems very happy i donno why this !!!

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, confused here - first, are both cats neutered...IMO, that's the second thing you should visit the vet about, like today. The first thing is tell the vet you want a urine sample, etc., to check for any possible UTIs or crystals - you want to rule out any physical issues, while working to resolve behavioral issues. In my experience, which I sadly have, most cats only pee out of the box when they're trying to tell you all is not well in their world - either they're physically ill, or the litter boxes are somehow not up to snuff - not enough, wrong location, wrong litter, not clean enough, something. Sometimes it's a combination.

But, yes, the very first thing I'd be doing this morning is getting an appointment with the vet - most vets will make room, same day, to see a cat, especially male, with a possibly urinary issues.

Good luck - I know it's frustrating.

BIG PS - Please please please do not yell at the cats (yes, I know it's hard to stay calm) - all they understand is that you're mad about the act of pee-ing itself, not the location - so the only things that happen is the cat would either try to find a hidden place to pee, or try not to pee at all, which will make him sicker. And, stress, such as a cat knowing you're mad, but not understanding why, can make a cat sick to start out with.

BTW, if you're in the US, I'd try a new box filled with Cat Attract litter as well. It often works wonders if a cat simply isn't happy with the current litter.