My cat moves his tail like so (Video)

taty caty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,

I know that a swishing tail means that the cat is concentrating, but my cat came with a tail movement that I could not find in any of the "tail language" guides.

Sometimes he lies down on his side and moves his tail like this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2756651/tail.MOV  (Video)

The movement reminds me of someone bored or fidgeted and tapping with his finger on the table.

But, this is cat language, and I guess it has a total different meaning.

Any idea what it means?

Thank you.

malt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would also like to know, because Jasmine does this a lot, too! As far as I can tell she moves her tail like that when she is thinking. Usually daydreaming about all the ways she would like to murder the bird she can see through the window :D I would like to know if my guess is correct :O 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taty caty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I would also like to know, because Jasmine does this a lot, too! As far as I can tell she moves her tail like that when she is thinking. Usually daydreaming about all the ways she would like to murder the bird she can see through the window :D I would like to know if my guess is correct :O 
It's good to know that therer is another cat that does this. So it is not something that my kitty made up and can not be translated. :)

I hope someone can help with the meaning of this.

Thank you.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mines does this too. He doesn't do it very often, and usually when he's eating, but I always take it to mean he's relaxed.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
It kinda reminds me of what a momma cat does when she allows her kittens to play with her tail. 

To me it says "relaxed (not tired), and alert (not hyper)".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taty caty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cool. Thank you. :)