My cat might have ingested a small amount of ribbon a month ago?

mandapanda4a

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Today I discovered one of my cat's toys that he barely plays with is missing part of the ribbon. Naturally I panicked and I thought, well it's a small piece and he seems okay (eating, drinking, playing), hopefully it will pass. I tell my boyfriend of the issue and he says, oh that toy has been like that for about a month. [emoji]128544[/emoji] Thanks for telling me, right? I do not recall seeing any ribbon in his poop for the last month. I feel like I would remember that. But I did not see him actually ingest the ribbon. Either way, now I'm worried it is stuck. It is a small piece, but is it possible for that to get stuck somewhere on its way out? He has been eating and pooping normally. This is the toy and the amount of ribbon he possibly ingested...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not an expert but I would surmise if this happened a month ago and he is acting perfectly normal then he is okay.  Also from the pic it looks like the ribbon is frayed not actually torn.  Sometimes things happen without our knowledge but perhaps you can diplomatically suggest to your b.f. that in the future you would appreciate him letting you know sooner rather than later so you can monitor the situation.  Good luck!

lilandsophsmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My one year old Sophie also ingested a ribbon not too long ago. I did find it thrown up on the floor though 
 If he's eating and playing normally I don't think it should be a problem, just make sure it doesn't become a habit or you'll run into health problems and possible surgeries!!