My cat might be pregnant!

MyCatCalledWinter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cats got out last night, I saw one of them greeting a neighbor cat with an unknown gender. My other cat was in heat and was meowing for a long time. my parents wanna get them both fixed in case they are pregnant, but I’m not sure if I can handle possibly have my grand kittens aborted a week after conception. I‘m new to this website and need advice and what I should do for my adorable possibly pregnant cats

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are both of your cats female? How long was she outside for?
I’d spay them after kittens. If they’re kept inside while they have kittens they can’t get pregnant. I personally do not condone spaying while pregnant as it aborts the kittens. Some people might get mad at me, and I’m not trying to offend anyone, but that is what I think.
Cats will usually take care of their kittens, but they do require some work. It’ll be about a week or two I think before you can see if she’s pregnant.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s best to spay now or within the next 2-3 weeks. TCS is also a pro spay and neuter site as there are too many homeless cats and kittens in the world and shelters are full during kitten season. At this point you are not sure your cats mated or not. You won’t know for 3-4 weeks.

How old are your cats?

Ellis75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would spay them ASAP. Like others said, you don't known yet if either of them is pregnant; waiting to see if they are will only make it more likely that they'll get out and risk pregnancy again. Pregnancy and raising kittens is also really hard on a cat's body; the kindest thing you can do for both of them is prevent that from happening by spaying them now. How old are your girls, by the way? Was this their first heat?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there, it’s not guaranteed that they are, in fact pregnant, but you should spay them in any case, and as soon as possible, because, in the event that they are pregnant, then it’s easiest to do now, because the fetuses are so small that it would be no different than a normal spay. Also, remember that cats don’t have the same attachment to their unborn offspring as humans do. Even if they aren’t pregnant, spaying your cats will help with their behavior and health in the long-term:

Why You Should Spay And Neuter Your Cats – TheCatSite Articles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MyCatCalledWinter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It’s best to spay now or within the next 2-3 weeks. TCS is also a pro spay and neuter site as there are too many homeless cats and kittens in the world and shelters are full during kitten season. At this point you are not sure your cats mated or not. You won’t know for 3-4 weeks.

How old are your cats?
My cats are both almost a year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MyCatCalledWinter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are both of your cats female? How long was she outside for?
I’d spay them after kittens. If they’re kept inside while they have kittens they can’t get pregnant. I personally do not condone spaying while pregnant as it aborts the kittens. Some people might get mad at me, and I’m not trying to offend anyone, but that is what I think.
Cats will usually take care of their kittens, but they do require some work. It’ll be about a week or two I think before you can see if she’s pregnant.
Both my cats are female