My cat Lana is licking her fur off and can’t figure out why.

MikeAW2010

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a 2 year old cat named Lana is licking her hair off her thighs and her legs for seemingly no reason and I can’t figure out why she’s doing this.

I have a household of 11 cats, all indoors. A mix between raw diet, canned food of different varieties (usually friskies though) and kibbles. None of the other cats except Lana is exibiting this behavior. She is over-grooming certain areas of her body and pulling her hair out.

At first I thought it was fleas, ticks or mites so I bought a Seresto Collar for every cat in the household and treated them with flea drops but nothing changed with Lana.
I then took her to the vet and they tried Bravecto on her but that also didn’t do any good, it also didn’t help that she managed to lick the spot they applied it to so I’m unsure how effective it was.

They then decided it may be an autoimmune disorder and gave me Atopica and I’ve been treating her with that. It seemingly started to get better but tonight I found her seemingly a bit rash and red and licking and having a hard time walking… I’m a bit concerned.

What should I do next?

EFCC3863-B8F2-44ED-B04D-3B67132C0D3B.jpeg
B52D4AAA-8067-46EB-92CE-B78844018343.jpeg
758CD5BE-0058-4BC8-8954-2E0F4E8652B4.jpeg
AF6B6E2A-3F1D-47D7-A94A-7325A2F86CA1.jpeg
C128D8D5-D929-4574-9FAF-A56E2C91AA94.jpeg

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How does Lana get along with the other cats? Is she friendly and cuddly and playful with them? Do you notice her being bullied or notice her acting avoidant or afraid of any of the cats? When I was a kid, we had a female cat that was constantly harassed by another cat we had in the house, and she did the same thing Lana is doing so I wonder if something is stressing her. Have you changed anything in her routine, or have you introduced any new cleaning supplies, candles, laundry detergents or fabric softeners?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MikeAW2010

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There is one cat that plays a bit rough. Sometimes he tries to engage Lana when she doesn’t want to play. I could try to isolate her and see if that helps. One issue is she likes to go under my bed which is very difficult to get her from underneath and sometimes she gets stuck under there.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How do you think she will respond to being isolated? Could you put her in a familiar part of the house with other cats that she gets along with?