My Cat Knows When I'm Sick

HungryPandaCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of my fur babies, 9 week old Yara loves to cuddle on my lap while I'm on the computer. Last week I had cold and was feeling pretty horrible and I noticed that she would climb up (using my boobs as a climbing rock -_-) and sniff my face with a concerned/confused look in her eyes. It was as if she was trying to say "hooman, you smell odd, something is wrong with you". Now that I'm better she doesn't smell my face anymore.

I know that animals can detect subtle changes but I've had pets my whole life (mainly dogs) and this is the first time a pet has noticed or cared. I just find it so sweet :loveeyes:

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not with sickness, but I boarded Charlie for a week to go on vacation. The first night I had him back, he spent half the night in the crook of my arm, which was extremely out of character for him. I was touched, but wrote it off as him being glad to be back in a familiar place. Since then, I've been away several weekends, and he cuddles with me the first night I'm back. Charlie MISSES me when I'm gone for more than a day.

heyitsfae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a sweetie! :redheartpump:

When I get sick, I'm usually sneezing a lot which mine do not care for AT ALL so they actively avoid me when I'm sick. If I sneeze they scatter in all directions. However, they seem to be really in tune with my mood as weird as that sounds. They seem to know precisely when I need a snuggle.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a sweetie! :redheartpump:

When I get sick, I'm usually sneezing a lot which mine do not care for AT ALL so they actively avoid me when I'm sick. If I sneeze they scatter in all directions. However, they seem to be really in tune with my mood as weird as that sounds. They seem to know precisely when I need a snuggle.
My last cat Beau would meow a quiet, yet annoyed, meow whenever someone sneezed. I guess he objected to the noise :lol:

MoxieinMaine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had a somewhat scary event earlier this year where I passed out unexpectedly (Moxie was in the room with me at the time). When I came around on the floor, she was up by my head, gently nudging my face, as if to see if I was alright. I made it back to my bed and she followed me in and cuddled up close. In the days that followed she stayed by my side as well, until she was convinced that I was back to being "normal mom."

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My guy, Artie, is the ultimate "Nurse Cat".. Each time I am sick, he does not leave me. He will constantly be on my lap, cuddle, and follow me around. He will be stuck like glue to me.

When he feels that I am getting better, he will ease away..I noticed that he senses the change, even before I do. One time, I looked for my Velcro Cat. He was not cuddling and not near me. It was then, that I realized I was feeling better.

About 5 years ago, when I broke my arm and was in a sling, Artie was constantly on my lap, not wanting to move away from me.

Cats are very intuitive. It is a special bond you have with your baby..
Cherish it.. and her.....it is unique.