My cat keeps peeing on my clothes and blankets!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi guy just wanted to check back in with everyone. Our kitty has stopped peeing in our room since we got rid of our old mattress. We bought it from a friend with an unaltered male (did not know he had cats until I asked) and I am presuming their cat had sprayed on the mattress and our girl was trying to cover the scent? Have had the new mattress for almost a week and so far so good!!
I'm glad you got that sorted out.

Even if the tom cat hadn't sprayed the mattress she would still have been able to smell a strange cat on it. Good luck with getting them all spayed. 

cat princesses

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm glad it's resolved. I just wanted to quickly chime in on spraying a cat with a water bottle - that never works - the only thing that will do is cause a bad relationship between you and your cat. The cat will associate something negative happening every time you are around and you really don't want that. If you watch Jackson Galaxy he has a whole series on his website for correcting kitty behavior issues. I have also read that cats will pee on your stuff as a sign of affection as well. Cats are cats are cats - they're all so unique and different but yeah, if your cat isn't spayed yet, that could be a factor as well. Please spay sooner than later - the longer you wait, the more at risk they are for mammary cancer later in life.