My Cat Keeps On Trying To Eat Eggs.

JennKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat mochi keeps on trying to eat my eggs for breakfast! He jumps onto the table and starts sniffing my egg on the plate. I keep on putting him down, but he still keeps on jumping back up. Now my egg is covered in his fur!
Is it okay for him to eat eggs? He's 1 month old, male, American Shorthair, and the egg is not raw, it's boiled.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Eggs are healthy for cats to eat as long as there is no added salt, pepper, or other seasonings. Raw egg yolk is also completely fine (and actually very nutritious), but make sure the whites are cooked.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I sometimes put a little egg from cooking to the side for Rocket. Same as above that as long as the whites are cooked and no seasoning it's all good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JennKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Eggs are healthy for cats to eat as long as there is no added salt, pepper, or other seasonings. Raw egg yolk is also completely fine (and actually very nutritious), but make sure the whites are cooked.
I sometimes put a little egg from cooking to the side for Rocket. Same as above that as long as the whites are cooked and no seasoning it's all good.
Okay! Thanks! I was a little worried, but now I'm fine!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Plain cooked egg is fine, either boiled whole or scrambled without any salt / pepper / seasonings / oil / etc.

Raw egg yolk can also be fed. Never raw egg white, though. Raw egg white contains a protein that affects the cat's body to absorb vitamin B.