My cat just threw up!

furry favor

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is the 1st time i see my cat throwing up but after he finished and walked off the vomit only had water and a tiny piece cooked garlic. is this going to be just an occasional vomit or is my cat sick. He looks okay but when he purrs he sound abit weird.

alistair

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do not give a cat garlic, it is toxic to them. Cats can throw up for a number of reasons but it is not normal for them to do so. My cat Alistair is a year and a half old and has never thrown up. Poor nutrition is a major cause for vomiting

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

furry favor

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i didn't feed him garlic and i know that garlic, raisins,chives,onion,and grapes are toxic to them. He was eating some plants from my garden this morning could he have eaten it. and sorry i meant onion not garlic. He just vomited again but only water there was nothing in his vomit. what should i do??

furry favor

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks to you i did give him a call and the vet said he had very high fever and gave him medicine but my cat still won't eat or drink

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad you got your kitty into the vet.  I'm sure that when the medication starts to take effect he'll want to eat and drink on his own.  In the meantime, cats can dehydrate quickly.  I would call the vet back and explain this situation to them.  He may need some extra help with fluids just to get him over the hump.  Hopefully he is feeling well enough to start drinking on his own again soon.

furry favor

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't think he will need the fluids because he is drinking water on his own but still doesnt feel hungry since yesterday. If i feed him tuna will he eat it or is it bad for him.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Do not give a cat garlic, it is toxic to them. Cats can throw up for a number of reasons but it is not normal for them to do so. My cat Alistair is a year and a half old and has never thrown up. Poor nutrition is a major cause for vomiting
My boy went 4 years before his first vomit!

Last edited:

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think he will need the fluids because he is drinking water on his own but still doesnt feel hungry since yesterday. If i feed him tuna will he eat it or is it bad for him.
Human tuna is not recommended especially if he just threw up. Go buy some canned cat food chicken no gravies

Last edited:

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, try offering some canned food or meat baby food. If he won't eat those, a tiny bit of tuna on top of the other food might tempt him to start eating.

furry favor

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So no gravies alright , thanks

Looks like the problem is more than vomiting, his pee color changed and he is lethargic

furry favor

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes i have an appointment today. My cat is way better now but lets take precautions and take him to the vet anyway.