My cat Joey’s Wounded Leg, HELP

trintrin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat’s name is Joey. He is 13-14 and he is a Bangal tiger cat. Yesterday afternoon my mom called me freaking because Joey was bleeding from his leg. She said she noticed something hanging on his leg (which she thought was poop, common) and just pulled it off. But then the bleeding started. The cut is on his leg between his paw and the cat equivalent of an elbow/knee. My first impression after snapping the first few pictures was that my other cat while they were play fighting for her nails stuck and it created this kind of puncture hole. With the blood just all over the surrounding area. So I put a wound dressing and wrapped some gauze around his leg to apply pressure/ stop the bleeding and prevent licking. Fast forward to this afternoon I notice joeys paw of that leg is 3x the size. I assume it’s my fault and that the bandage was too tight. But now, 6+ hours after taking it off, it’s still extremely swollen. I’m now worried about infection and and feel I misinterpreted the initial blood in the fur for missing fur? And now I’m extremely nervous he’s got an infection? I can’t afford a vet bill unless it’s in fact serious and am looking for opinions. Please please please help. (The last photo featuring my hand is current, where maybe the swelling has gone down? I do feel it was a bad angle) DCE5993E-8F26-422C-8070-2405F4C52C00.png
DCE5993E-8F26-422C-8070-2405F4C52C00.png
F8279C69-7CCC-45B9-8AAF-778C2365B7F4.png
2A660FFC-59B1-4393-A3AF-A3DA0AE8DE95.jpeg
10BA9450-AF01-4376-B442-A595A23BBC94.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trintrin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
These are more current photos of him beside me while he’s sleeping. He still walks on the leg and sits down on the cut. I’m just really worried an infection at his age could be life threatening. Thanks you all for your time and any advice.

Attachments

Punxpunx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Take him in to vet! ASAP! Swelling usually means infected or broken bones but it sounds like his bones are ok.

Infections need to be treated fast else real damage will be done and your bill will be even higher. Early treatment may be as simple as getting the wound cleaned and giving antibiotics. Late treatment.. I dont even wanna say