My Cat Jade

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She looks like a domestic shorthair to me. I'm not sure what you'd call her coat markings though - tuxedo or tabby?

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a domestic short hair! Her coloring looks like brown (or maybe blue?) spotted tabby and white.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Tabby and white is surely entirely correct. If you do see spots as the tabby pattern (you see it on the side and back) so it will be spotted.  Otherwise probably broken mackerel - as the tabby pattern.

But, the pattern of color and white does have anmes too.  Here I think I would call it for harlequin.   tuxedo is when the colored part is almost the whole body, alike a great coat.  With just the fore-neck , chest and hands white...  Sort of, you understand.   Its no exact science here.

The ladder begins with van pattern, just head and tail, harlequin after in, when there are some splotches on the body,  saddle, when there is a saddle on the back, or a coat entirely too small, and tuxedo - when almost whole body is covered with the colored parts.

Last may be some small white spots... alike socks, or a locket on the chest.

The different types of white spot gene are often strong "dominant" - at least some children gets them too almost always.