My cat is very hot ane restless and crying🥺

Queenbeats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a cat he has inflammatory bowel disease which were trying to control with food change from a vet he's been eating it but still occasionally pukes. Today he is exhibiting some different behavior and idk what's wrong and cant take him to vet for another 7 and a half hours and am on a budget atm do to recent financial problems but he is hot to touch and crying and walking around in circle and from place to place around the living room. He keeps licking his back paws and front paws and shaking them as if he stepped in water but he didnt. He lays down in one spot for 3 seconds and washes himself a little and jumps right back up.🥺 he seems very uncomfortable and idk what is wrong or what to do he let's me paet him and he ate so I'm hoping he isnt going to pass or something is horribly wrong or if it's just fever I never seen this behavior does anyone has any idea what it could be maybe infection somewhere or just fever from something he is strictly indoors and doesn't have any injuries I'm so worried just watching him seem so uncomfortable

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Queenbeats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would also like to add he is panting now

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do his ears feel extra warm? Sometimes I can tell if my kitties have a fever that way. Cats don’t like to show discomfort so if he continues I would take him in. Many vets these days have someone on call. You could try calling in for advice. If you can’t get anyone in the phone now, if there an emergency vet you could call? If you feel sure he has a fever you can try taking his temperature. That might tell you more. I hope he feels better quickly.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
ONE thing that you can do WHILE YOU ARE TRYING WHAT Jcatbird Jcatbird suggested, is to frequently wipe his ears and paws with cool water. That's where cats give off much of their heat, and if he has a temp, that might help bring it down. But you do need to see a vet as soon as possible. Call, and see what you can do.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely. Getting his temperature down could really help him to feel better. You don’t want it to get too high.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Queenbeats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How is he?
Hello❤ he seems much better now. Although he is isolating himself he is able to rest, he is eating and drinking, no more fever, hes not 100% yet but I'm hoping hes getting there

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, good. Keep an eye on him, and if he starts getting worse again...TO THE VET HE GOES!