My Cat Is Using The New House

Millie Cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_8933.JPG
IMG_8958.PNG

Millie is still not using the double condo, although she did stare at it and sit on the bottom.

But I recently bought a more simple house for her, with more space. I took the lid off, put a sweater inside, and put the house on a table as she likes being high.

She has used it for the first time and has slept in it all day.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Awww. She looks so happy in there. I wish Chula would go for something like that.

BTW: I really like the tall white vase in the background of the first photo. It's lovely. Not as lovely as Millie of course but still very nice. :catrub:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a feeling she wanted more room. A lot of cat furniture seems like it's made for kittens, not adult cats. Glad to see you found something she likes!

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
Aww, sweet baby! So happy she likes her room!

I too have some larger size kitties and it can be a task to find things that will accommodate their size!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Millie Cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had a feeling she wanted more room. A lot of cat furniture seems like it's made for kittens, not adult cats. Glad to see you found something she likes!
Yea the double condo looks like it would be tight, even for her. And at first she wasn't using this new house. But I took the lid off, bought a sweater from Goodwill and washed it and put it in, and then put the home higher on the table. Didn't know if that would work.

But the next morning I got up and made something to eat in my kitchen. Turned my head and saw my sleepy cat zoning out in there. Same thing this morning. She stays put for hours at a time now that she has found her new favorite spot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Millie Cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Awww. She looks so happy in there. I wish Chula would go for something like that.

BTW: I really like the tall white vase in the background of the first photo. It's lovely. Not as lovely as Millie of course but still very nice. :catrub:
Thank you.

knitsocks87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View attachment 184098 View attachment 184097

Millie is still not using the double condo, although she did stare at it and sit on the bottom.

But I recently bought a more simple house for her, with more space. I took the lid off, put a sweater inside, and put the house on a table as she likes being high.

She has used it for the first time and has slept in it all day.
I just adopted an adult cat, and I have been struggling with getting him to use his little house. I did a google search and found this website and your original post. I have since signed up to be able to post and found this post. I am so glad that you got Millie to use her house.