My Cat Is Using My Plant As A Littler Box.

Cheerio&Yeti

CatsCatsCatsBacon
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Im a cat mom to 2 Cat children. One of them is an outdoor/indoor cat (Yeti) and other is strictly an Indoor cat (Cheerio).
About a Month ago, I train my kitten, with is Cheerio, not to go potty outside the littler box. I praise her and treated her well. But Yeasterday I found her crap in my Plant. My honestly stress, I love her to death, and my Dad said if She continues we will have to make her an outdoor cats, which 100% dont want.
Does anyone have any tips aside locking her in a cage with her littler box. Please I'm desperate.

recurringecho

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There are many factors that might make her do this. Is this the first time this has happened? Did anything change before now? How often do you clean the litter box? Have you emptied the entire thing out and washed it throughly yet? Sometimes cats feel like their litter boxes are too dirty even though the litter itself is fresh, and would look for a better place to do their business.

It might also just be a case of not liking how the litter feels. Did she poop/pee anywhere else? If not, you might just have to move the plant or cover it up. If some of the poop is on the floor, be sure clean it up with an enzyme cleaner.

Let me know if she did it again today or if everything's back to normal!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats did this too, and everything I did was to no avail, or looked nasty, who wants tinfoil, etc, around their plants? until......I got large rocks and laid them on top the soil, two to three inches in diameter. Finally looks really nice, can still water the plant and cats quit going there! Try it!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many litter boxes do you have? Some cats don't like to pee and poop in the same litter, or poop in a litter that already has a pee clump in it. Try putting a second litter box, but NOT right next to the other one, it needs to be in a different location.
I agree with putting rocks in your plant to deter the behavior, but your cat might just find a new place to go if she does not want to do her pee and poo business in the same box.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The very first two kittens we ever had as a newly married couple did the same thing. I was astonished but annoyed. At that time there was no internet to search for answers and being a newbie to cats we simply removed the plants from our apartment. Fortunately they used the litter box and did not poop anywhere else. I'm not telling you to do this but rather sharing our story and letting you know I understand your frustration.

The above members have all given you great advice. Please keep us posted what tips you try and how it works out for Cheerio. Good luck!:goodluck:

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use rocks in my pots! We have large river rocks by the boatload her, so I just go out and get a bucketful to adorn my plants. They look really nice and you'd never think that they were there to prevent cat poop from happening.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cheerio&Yeti

CatsCatsCatsBacon
Kitten
Purraise
Thank You, Guys!!! I think I got it somewhat handle.