My cat is stealing from the neighborhood!!! : )

doolaniv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My indoor/outdoor cat has recently started bringing me belongings from around the neighborhood!  It started with those plastic bags filled with sales flyers that get thrown on people's driveways.  He would lug  4-5  full bags from my neighbors driveways into my bedroom in the middle of the night!!   And usually the next few days I get the papers/flyers that must have fallen out around the area.  One night he brought in a little boys shirt, a sock and a small towel!! Some nights its a variety of plastic bags, paper towels or papers.   Each is announced with a very loud meow/cry that wakes me up and amuses my dog!!  I wish I had a video camera to put on his collar.  He never brings dead animals - he's not a very swift hunter - just very casual....my other cat is the animal hunter.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
to TCS!

I've seen newspaper reports of cats doing that; you have to wonder why they choose that particular kind of "prey".

We used to have a cat who lurked around two supermarket parking lots. He'd wait until people were loading their cars and steal meat, cheese, cold cuts, etc.. He was a former feral, though, so his behavior was understandable.

michele pratt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have an indoor/outdoor cat that did the same thing! One day we watched him come across the street with something in his mouth and as he got closer we saw he had a paintbrush from the man's house across the street! It was the funniest thing any of us had seen. A cat stealing paintbrushes! We eventually started following him to his hiding space and we found so many odd things that we can only guess came from neighboring houses. Recently, his "treasures" are not as funny such as the snake he brought into the house yesterday, ALIVE. Hopefully your boy sticks to stealing papers. :)

miles1321

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is the same we have had numerous balls from a children's ball pit, old wires and appliance cables he even goes in the neighbours houses and steals their food we had a freshly made cheese roll a macdonalds apple pie, bike handle bars, chicken from a bbq the neighbour was having anything he also loves to bring in animals like mice rats and birds but his favourite animal is the slow worms we get at least one a day during the summer months and most of the time we manage to save them.

miles1321

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah i saw that on the tv guide definitely going to tivo that the follow up is tomorrow night