My cat is starting to get aggressively playful and attacking people.

alphonse

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She was fine for the first few months after I moved, then she started attacking me and then others. I play with her quite a bit, and I'm home all the time. She is starting to attack friends that are just sitting there. She tends to target feet. I'm getting really upset because I have bite and claw marks all over my feet. I could use some help...

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is she? Is she spayed?

Cats tend to love to ambush feet. You need to be firm, say NO, and avoid walking past places she can swat at your feet as you go by. Offer her toys she can hunt and grab for, like wand toys, such as the Da-bird or cat catcher. Be consistent and she'll eventually learn it is not behavior that is acceptable.

My male used to do this as he was growing up. I would see him "in the position" where he was poised to grab me if I walked by, I'd tell him..no..no..no..and walk around him, get him his wand toy and distract him from my feet to the toy instead. He no longer goes for feet or legs at all.

Hope this helps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alphonse

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think I'm going to get her spayed very soon. And its not really when I'm walking. It's more of I'll be sitting there and she just pounces.