My Cat Is Seriously Injured And I Can't Afford The Vet Please Help

Carson Gruber

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 13 week old kitten is very curious and last night when I was sleeping I didn't hear anything but we climbed up on my table and he tried to jump on my 15 pound speaker me not being responsible didn't check to see that it was hanging off the edge and it fell and crushed him, when I found him underneath the speaker he wasn't breathing so I gave him CPR and revived him, he couldn't control his boul movements and pooped on me twice his eyes were super dialated and he couldn't move, he is now in a lot of pain and walking backwards and he has a very difficult time walking around and his breathing is labored, I really don't know what to do I've had to force him to eat liquid food and water, he has been walking backwards and now he barely opens his eyes, I'm really scared and I don't want to lose my kitty, please help me

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where are you located? You may need to find a shelter or a vet to surrender your kitten if you can't afford treatment. He needs help immediately.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds absolutely horrific. I agree, this cat needs to be seen immediately. I will not sugar coat this, you may very well lose the kitten, internal injuries, brain damage from not breathing. I know it is Sunday but this cat is suffering. Please hurry and see if an emergency vet will at least see you both today.

Kryocron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He needs to be seen, no amount of force feeding him will help him. It's clear there is organ and tissue damage, do the right thing and take him to an emergency vet right away.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Do you have, or know about CareCredit? Veterinary Financing | Healthcare Financing | CareCredit CareCredit is a credit card for health expenses, including veterinary ones. You can apply on line and get a quick answer which would enable you to take your kitten to the vet immediately, which is what needs to happen. Make sure the vet accepts CareCredit before you go - many do so hopefully that won't be a problem.

I agree with what talkingpeanut talkingpeanut and N nansiludie wrote above. Your kitten needs to be seen by a vet immediately - he's suffering and needs help. If that means having to give him up in order for him to be treated, than that is what needs to happen. He does sound very badly injured, however and there is good chance that he will not pull through.

I know these are not the things you want to hear. I know that I would be absolutely devastated facing such choices and possible outcomes. You are hurting yourself right now. Nonetheless, the only humane thing to do is to put the needs of the kitten first. He is suffering terribly.

There are programs for low and no cost vet care available but none that I know of can be approved and activated within minutes, which is what you need. If your kitten survives, he will require follow-up care, however and that is the time to apply for some of those funds.

Please let us know how your kitten does. Best of luck to both of you, I hope so much this has a happy ending. :crossfingers:

Sallysoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You said you don't want to lose your kitty, than get vet's help. He needs to see a vet asap! You know that he is seriously injured. Worry about the bills later, if not how? You want to save the kitty or not? :mad2:

You said you can't afford a vet. You may want to think about this very thoroughly after you have your kitty treated and :vibes:that he is okay. Having a pet requires $$ and veternary attention is needed in the pet's life. If you can't afford to pay vet bills, you may want to think twice wheather you want to own a pet. Or he may want to put aside some$$ each month to save up in case of emergency. I guess you understand that.

Do update us how the kitty goes. We are very worried and pray for his wellness:grouphug2:

Ariel2611

Proud Mommy to Ariel and Snowy :-)
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree 100% with everyone above!
GET THAT KITTEN TO A VET ASAP!!!
Nothing you can do will help him, he needs to be seen by a professional someone who can help him and investigate what is wrong with him...
PLEASE TAKE HIM TO THE VET
The Care credit idea is Fab! Check that out!
Good Luck!

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The OP hasn't brought any updates. I am sad to say, this kitten probably didn't last the night without medical care and they aren't coming back to tell us.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The OP hasn't brought any updates. I am sad to say, this kitten probably didn't last the night without medical care and they aren't coming back to tell us.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Threadjacking - I know there's a thread for finding ways to get veterinary care when you don't have money, but a lot of the options suggested take time. Maybe there needs to be a thread about what to do in cases like this, where care is needed within hours, not days. I know that emergency vets require full estimated payment up front before even looking at an animal and not everyone qualifies for Care Credit. And I've been in situations where you get paid in two days, but right now your checking account has $10 in it, and you can't make money just appear.