My cat is scared all of sudden

Selena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So its few day I notice my kitten 5 month old kitten sitting like in the photo and he is coming to me he doesn’t like me so it was strange or seating top of sofa I thought hes cold because i turn on ac here is hot a little bit now i woke up middle of night i see him running and seating like hes scared and hes hissing at nothing i gave him food he ate but he was scared he is not playing with other kittens
Now that im thinking he was scared this few days and I didn’t notice what is the reason for that when i pet him he purrs also everything looks normal in him and there is no change in house or other cats they were together when they were born i will keep eye on him during the day do u guys think hes sick ??? Im so worried

Attachments

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats see, hear and smell lots of things that we don't and can react to threats real and imagined that we don't percieve. So a kitten being scared of seemingly nothing for a little bit is no worry. However, if this has been going on for several days and the other kittens are not perceiving anything, then sure, its possible it could be a medical issue throwing off one or more of the kitten's senses. That doesn't necessarily mean its anything much though. Call your vet, tell them whats going on and for how long, and see if they want to see the kitten or suggest you wait a couple more days.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Selena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats see, hear and smell lots of things that we don't and can react to threats real and imagined that we don't percieve. So a kitten being scared of seemingly nothing for a little bit is no worry. However, if this has been going on for several days and the other kittens are not perceiving anything, then sure, its possible it could be a medical issue throwing off one or more of the kitten's senses. That doesn't necessarily mean its anything much though. Call your vet, tell them whats going on and for how long, and see if they want to see the kitten or suggest you wait a couple more days.
I took him to other room he was walking around fast and sniffing everything he played a little bit also when i bring him back to main hall again he was walking fast sniffing everything and then mewing at the door of my room with a little bit panting he is acting like he is new in the house and i also called my vet he said there is no problem it’s behaviour change sometimes happens he will be back to normal but im still worried about my baby 😞

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitten is so young that a week is a huge chunk of his life. Your vet is right, they change very quickly at this age.

So maybe its just change. Its really hard to tell whats going on for sure without being there. In general, I think its great that you have a vet that is willing to listen and be honest rather than try to milk every dollar. Of course, its not impossible they are getting things wrong based on quick conversation, but at this point, I'd be inclined to defer to the vet.

If your really uncomortable, take a video for us.

Selena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your kitten is so young that a week is a huge chunk of his life. Your vet is right, they change very quickly at this age.

So maybe its just change. Its really hard to tell whats going on for sure without being there. In general, I think its great that you have a vet that is willing to listen and be honest rather than try to milk every dollar. Of course, its not impossible they are getting things wrong based on quick conversation, but at this point, I'd be inclined to defer to the vet.

Tried to take video but hes fast so im gonna explain what he does so in the night only he hiss he walks fast on the day and night also body lower to the ground if u know how i mean and then seats like in the photo so i took him to other room he acts a little bit better but again he walks fast and hes body lower to the ground if u have cat that is scared u know what i mean he play a little bit in other room he eat and drink and pee and poop but he keep cleaning him self not like crazy normally mostly leg and he’s privet part and tail... in that room i feel hes better but its very cold so I bring him again to main room and hes again hissing and so scared I don’t understand he wants to go to the room again and he keep following me to other rooms I really don’t understand why he so scared

Attachments

Selena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Here is video the cat in the middle is the one im talking about if u see he’s sister jumping on him and he walks and then seat like that but usually he walks faster then this but always seat in same position in the video like he’s scared in the morning i saw him playing with other kittens he was totally normal but now hes same sry the video is not posting idk why

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can put a link to the video if you put it on youtube or somewhere. I think there is a way to put it here too, but a link is easier.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is it possible he's reached puberty? Just like humans, some kittens can reach maturity on the younger side.